Steven Meeks/Reader

this was a request!!! pronouns are they/them!!

It was a quiet November which meant end of term at Welton Academy. That is the hardest time of year for the students and administrators. If you failed two or more exams you would be expelled, it made getting and staying so much harder.

The pressure was real for the students, most had break downs in the study room. Others had a really bad breakdown that they had to be sent home causing them to be expelled for not presenting their exams.

The case for (Y/n) (L/n) was similar, they were on the verge of a break down but always found a way to cope. This time it was going to be harder, their Chemistry score was already below average and they were on the edge of completely failing the class.

"You don't understand! My dad will never forgive me if I don't pass this class with a high score!" They shouted to their closest friend, Meeks.

"I can always help you get your grade higher," Meeks suggested but before he knew it (Y/n) began crying.

"I hope I get kicked out, I don't want to be here," they sobbed their hands on their eyes.

"Hey, you'll be fine! A little bit more of studying and I'm certain we can get your grade up!" Meeks optimistically smiled.

"Chemistry has never been easy for me Meeks! You know that!" They sobbed their hands on their face as Meeks rubbed their back comfortingly.

"Hey look, you're strong and you can do this okay? Lets study and then I can test you," Meeks smiled.

(Y/n) looked up at Meeks their eyes red as they attempted to wipe it away.

"You're right Meeks," they smiled. "I just have to believe in myself."

Meeks patted their back a smile on their face, "We can start off easy."

They spent the next few days leading up to their final studying. Day and night no matter what, all in the hopes of succeeding.

"I passed!" (Y/n) shouted running up to Meeks and hugging him.

"That's great! You see I told you that you'd pass!" Meeks smiled hugging them back tighter.

"All thanks to you Meeks, where would I be without you?" They smiled bringing him in for a tighter hug.

That day they celebrated (Y/n)'s success with the rest of the Poets at their cave.