Deny (Knox/fem!Reader)

/// POVS CHANGE///

1st POV
I locked myself in my dorm, it was Saturday morning and my roommate was out in the Library studying like she always does.

Welton recently began to accept girls and I was one of the lucky ones to be chosen. I wasn't sure why, academically I wasn't the best.

I was working on a small sketch in my sketch book. Sometimes I just allow my hand to take control. When I open my book I'm never sure what I will be painting or sketching.

But this morning it was different, everything felt different. This morning I knew what I wanted to paint.

I set my sketchbook down as I grabbed one of my bigger canvas and began to do a rough sketch.

I heard a knock on the door 20-minutes after I started my sketch.

"Who?" I shouted.

"Knox!" The voice said. My heart dropped as I quickly put the canvas away, I hid my sketchbook under my bed and cleaned myself up.

"Hey Knox," I smiled when I opened the door. He looked around the room before looking at me.

"What were you doing?" He asked.

"Oh, you know... What's up?" I smiled nervously.

"Well, Neil was invited to a party, we were wondering if maybe you'd like to come with us, we'll be sneaking out tonight. What do you say?" He smiled his usual charming smile. I can never bring myself to say no to him.

"Okay, I'll go. I just have to find a way to sneak out." I laughed and he nodded.

"I'll come get you so be ready," he winked before leaving. I sighed relieved, I took my canvas back out and resumed my sketching. I wanted to capture the beauty of Knox Overstreet.

That was my sketch, Knox Overstreet. He was my muse, my inspiration. I would hate to admit this to the rest of the world but he inspires all of my art.

I smiled as I grabbed my paints, my dad was visiting France and sent me some paint for my art. With special exception from Mr. Nolan, I was able to keep my paints and canvases.

The sun was setting, I wasn't even halfway done with the painting, it was a bigger canvas. I decided to call it a night, I put my canvas away and began to clean up. My roommate joined me a while ago, I hadn't noticed she was here.

"I'm going to shower before bed, want to come?" I asked her. She was laying on her bed with a big book in her hand.

"No, I'm going to sleep early, I have big exam on Monday," she yawned. She took her glasses off before she turned around.

I shrugged and walked to the girls shower, there was about five girls when I arrived.

"Hey (Y/n)!" One of the girls shouted waving at me.

"Hey!" I smiled back, I set my things down before hopping in the shower.

"How's it going with Knox?" She winked at me causing my face to heat up.

"Nothing's going on, we are just friends..." I sighed, I continued my shower as she rambled about a boy she met.

Her name is Cassie, she's extremely smart but can say some of the darnest things. She's very popular in every good way, she's talkative and likes to take on more then she can handle. Sometimes it becomes annoying and other times it's admirable.

I said goodnight to her before heading up to my dorm.

The girls dorm is far from the boys dorm and girls had a stricter curfew then boys, which meant a harsher punishment.