Arguments (Charlie/reader)

a/n: Sorry for the long wait on this one! I will be catching up with requests asap so no worries! The reader is gender neutral!

Charlie and I never got into arguments, we like to keep things calm in our relationship. We were walking when someone stopped Charlie and started to flirt with him? In front of me, I expected Charlie to blow them off or do anything but nothing! I frowned at him as I waited for them to end their little talk.

"Who was that?" I asked once said person walked away.

"A friend from Latin, she was asking about an assignment," he shrugged nonchalantly. I rolled my eyes a little angry.

We walked to breakfast together and I sat next to him. I attempted to ignore what happened earlier but I just couldn't.

We finished up and walked outside, it was Saturday so there wasn't much to do. Charlie and I were with the rest of the group, except they were in their own little bubbles.

"Hey, you alright?" Charlie asked catching my attention, "you seem a bit out of it."

"Yeah. I'm splendid," I muttered avoiding his eyes.

"Is there something bothering you?" He asked again.

"Actually Charlie, no. She was clearly flirting with her and you did nothing, you two were in front of me for goodness sakes! Flirting in front of me!" I shouted getting up and storming away tears coming down from my eyes.

I couldn't help it, I wish I had done it differently, maybe in a more calm manner, it wasn't entirely his fault. I entered my dorm room before flopping on the bed. My roommate saw me and chose to mind their business.

"Want to talk?" They mumbled.

"No, I want to be alone," I mumbled. I heard them leave as I faced my ceiling and cried for what felt like hours. I ended up sleeping after my crying session and was woken up by shaking.

"What the hell?" I whispered as I tried to focus my eyes, it was Charlie. "Go away Dalton I'm not ready to talk to you."

"You can't seriously be mad over something I didn't know was happening, I told you we are just friends." He whispered.

"Yeah, sure." I muttered facing away.

"Fine. If you don't want to believe me then fine. We can talk tomorrow when you're calm." He scoffed walking out the room.

I cried myself again after he left, I didn't even realize my roommate was there.

I woke up early the next morning, sometimes on a stressful night I go for an early morning jog. I decided today would be an amazing time to go for an early morning run.

"Up so early?" My roommate asked still half asleep.

"Yeah, going for a run." I smiled before leaving the room and going downstairs.

I jugged for a couple of minutes before resting at my favorite spot. It was a small river, the sun was coming up as I stared at the river. It was beautiful and peaceful, the birds were chirping.

I walked back to the school for a warm shower before breakfast. I made my way up the stairs after my shower when I was stopped by Charlie.

"Still mad?" He asked and I shrugged. "Look. I didn't notice she was flirting, she is always like that with everyone." He defended.

"I don't want to talk about this here," I said, "meet at the river in the woods?"

"Okay. We can discuss this there, in an open area where you could potentially murder me." He laughed.

"Oh Charlie, if I wanted to kill you you'd already be dead." I winked jokingly before entering my dorm room.

"You seem happier," my roommate smiled.

"Early runs are always my favorite activity to do." I smiled back. I decided to skip breakfast and go to the river for a little pep talk.

A few minutes passed before Charlie showed up, he looked worried.

"I'm not going to murder you Charlie if that's what you're so worried about." I laughed which caused him to nervously chuckle.

"Should I go first or should you?" He whispered standing next to me.

"I should go first. I'm sorry that I acted the way I did, I know we like to be honest with each other and I shouldn't doubt you. Sorry I blew up in your face and ignored you all day yesterday." I frowned, he hugged me which caught me off guard.

"I'm sorry too, I know that I can be oblivious to some people's flirting but I promise you that she wasn't flirting with me, we are friends. I know that I had a reputation and everything but I swear to you that I am loyal to you only." He hugged me tighter and I hugged back tighter.

"I'm sorry Charlie, I really am. I can promise you that I won't handle a situation like that this way ever again. I know to trust you." I smiled. I brought him in for a long and romantic kiss. "Gosh, I missed your soft lips."

He smiled before bringing me in for another kiss. "I missed yours more."