Todd/reader

The River

You and Todd have been dating for three months. You and him met at a mutual friends house party in the summer. Finding out that you two went to the same school was surprising but amazing at the same time.

He asked you out into town with him and his friends and you accepted it. You all went to watch a movie and then eat at the diner, you even suggested you and him share a milkshake. He was red like a tomato but accepted it, which came with his friends teasing him.

You were the one to initiate everything else though, you asked him on a second date this time just you and him. He accepted but had to get a "rain check" because of an important exam for Chemistry. You had to study for an English and Trigonometry exam too anyways.

The day of the date you had fallen even more in love with Todd. You thought it was impossible, the thought of love at first sight was just something you couldn't believe no matter what. But then Todd came along and changed your whole perception of love and how it felt to be in love.

Todd made you feel things that no one had ever made you feel, things you couldn't explain. You loved it and wanted to be with him more and more. You two then went on four more dates when you popped the question, "So what are we?" to which he responded with, "Soulmates?" with a cheeky smirk.

You brought something that not many could bring out of Todd. A whole new found confidence and a whole different personality full of comebacks, cheeky compliments and funny jokes. Something only Neil and Charlie really saw in Todd. You loved that he began to feel more and more comfortable with you.

At first he was extremely shy, the first two dates consisted of you asking questions and him give you a small answer and then asking "and you?". You didn't mind, you knew not to push Todd's buttons and whenever he was comfortable he'll be more talkative.

And now, he won't stop talking, everything was poetic and romantic. He described things like writers would, the way he had with words wowed you and made you fall even more in love.

Today, October 16th, Todd had asked you to meet him at the front gates of Welton Academy. You didn't know when so after the last class of the day you headed to your dorm room where you changed into a very fall themed outfit with very fall themed colors, you even added a beanie. You walked out with a small bag and went to the front gates of Welton Academy where you stood waiting.

You waited for approximately twenty minutes before Todd rushed to you, he was wearing a similar outfit to you. He gave you a grin and admired your outfit.

"We spend so much time together we are starting to dress the same," he laughed extending his hand for you to hold. You held his hand as he sneaked out you following behind him. He speed walked a little bit until you two were ten minutes away from the school.

"Do you trust me?" He asked looking you in the eyes, you raised an eyebrow.

"Depends on why you're asking?" You replied with more of a question.

"I just need a yes or a no," he smiled warmly. You stared intensely into his eyes trying to crack him or get a glimpse of what he was up to.

"Yes, Todd Anderson I trust you..." You stated with a smile after finding no trace of bad intensions.

"Perfect," he smiled reaching into his bag and pulling out a blindfold, "this is going to sound weird but I'm going to blindfold you,"

"For what?" You asked looking at the blindfold eyeing it suspiciously.

"It's a surprise, are you okay with it?" He asked genuinely.

"Okay, but I'm trusting you won't push me onto oncoming traffic," you laughed closing your eyes and allowing him to wrap the blindfold.

"Grab my hand and I'll lead you to the way." He smiled which you couldn't see but you could feel it, you smiled back.

It was about twenty minutes before Todd took the blindfold off. You were in a field of beautiful roses and grass so green it hurt your eyes. You stared in awe at how beautiful the scenery was, you took it in beautifully.

"Follow me," Todd smiled taking your hand and leading you down the hill and towards a river. It was small but beautiful. "Surprise!" He smiled.

"It's beautiful!" You smiled turning to look at him and hugging him.

"I knew you would, I found it when I went on a walk last night and thought I just had to bring you here." He smiled wrapping his arms around you bringing you in closer. "You could paint the river,"

"I could've. Should've told me about it and I would have brought my supplies," you smiled leaning your forehead on his.

"I just want you to enjoy the scenery for the first time without having to stress over paints and lighting... We can always come back and then you can paint." You smiled knowing he was looking at for you.

"I love you Todd, I'm so in love with you..." You leaned in and gave him a small yet beautiful gentle and genuine kiss. You wanted to savior this moment for as long as you could. You just wanted to stand in the field of flower next to a river being held by Todd, your one and only true love.

Since that October you and Todd visited very often but October 16th you two would have a picnic and talk about life and just how beautiful everything was and how much you two loved each other.

It became your spot, next to the river even during winters you two would visit. Every big step and decision was made near the river. Late nights were spent near the river even if it was cold.

The feeling of warmth the river brought you two, the feeling of belonging and the feeling of being found. It was hard to put into words how that place made you and Todd feel. It wasn't easy to pin down and express. You just had to go there blindfolded for the first time and experience it yourself.

Sometimes you wished you could go back to the first time you experienced the river.

Everything was perfect. You and Todd, the flowers, the sky so blue and the grass so green. Nothing mattered, no worries, no stress, no danger. Just you, Todd, the river, and nature.

Todd even wrote a poem about the place that on him a scholarship.