.

You would think happy endings would stay happy endings. The high school sweethearts get married and have children, a happy family and whatever. But in Riverdale, it's never all peace and quiet. Oh, no, no. Something's about to go down. Something huge, and I think it'll definitely shake the confidence of those few years without any weird crackheads or bizarre games roaming around town. However, this will bring some old friends together again. Riverdale has expanded itself more and more over time, so much that the once good friend group consisting of Archie, Betty, Jughead, Veronica, Reggie, Josie, Kevin, Sweet Pea, Fangs, Toni, Cheryl and everyone else, will have to catch up with each other. Just not in the usual way. But, this is gonna be a hell of a reunion!

-----------------------------------

Riverdale was once known as the crazy town where only people with a death wish lived. It was divided into the South Side and the North Side. Southside being the half that caused the bad reputation. Drug dealers, gangs, vandalism, you name it. At first, it was fought for by The Southside Serpents-- the most respected gang and the Ghoulies-- evil psychos. Eventually, the Serpents won and it was their land to ruin. I mean, rule.

The North Side had a picture-perfect reputation. Handsome fellas playing sports and beautiful girls cheerleading or using their smarts for something else like writing papers, photography and such. That was until the children from South Side High School got put together with the students from North Side High and basically, all chaos broke loose. Not for long, though, because they found a way to become friends. And inequality kind of stopped existing. There was no longer a bad side and a good side of town. Everyone started moving to different places, relationships between people started forming and well, Riverdale became a better town.

For now.

"Did you know that the Ghoulies are planning to make a comeback?"

Madi turned her head annoyed at her older brother and scoffed. "You're kidding." She had to guess he had heard it from some friend of his, nothing of a reliable source to confirm. She'd have to ask her uncles Fangs and Sweet Pea sometime. She had absolutely no clue why after all these years of undisturbed peace, the Ghoulies would come back. There was no turf to claim anymore. Riverdale was finally in one piece.

"Well, wouldn't be a surprise now, would it? Those scum always had a special kind of hatred for the Serpents. We would know more if someone would let us join." He concluded, saying the last part a bit louder. Jason wasn't stupid. He didn't exactly believe the rumours but if they were to be true, it wouldn't be totally unexpected. And he was never one to look at the odds of anything. There was a chance for the gang to salvage what they had.

The two siblings were sitting in front of the tv. You had Jason intensely watching the daily news with Madi on the other couch, half paying attention and half scrolling through her phone and sending an occasional text.

"Cut it out. You know your father is only trying to protect you. You've got a lot more to focus on than being in a gang." Cheryl had emerged from the kitchen, placing a bowl of salad on the dining table and along with some other dishes. Obviously, she had heard her son's emphasis on the fact he wasn't allowed to join the Serpents. By now, they were sort of a force that helped the Sheriff, which is still Tom Keller. Tough fellow, he is. There weren't any drugs, street fights or crimes. The Serpents took out the trashy people and whatnot. Technically she was still a member of the gang but hardly spent time at the Whyte Wyrm, which recently got renovated.

Jason rolled his eyes in an annoyed manner. He had this talk one too many times to know what exactly was about to be said. "You and dad literally became Serpents when you were our age. I'll never understand your logic." He reasoned, not wanting to have a whole debate.

"He's their leader, he has to be. He still teaches you everything you need to know and probably stuff I don't approve of." Cheryl arranged the silverware neatly while speaking.

"You say it all the time; the Serpents aren't dangerous anymore! All they do is help keep Riverdale safe. I can do that. Please, mom?"

She looked up and at Jason, with a sigh. "I think you need to talk to your father about that, JJ." She concluded. He instantly knew he would have to be very convincing if he even wanted his dad to consider letting him join. His parents didn't want him to, because of the stories he heard back in their days. About the Black Hood, G&G, and even his own grandmother. But now, things were safe...right? "Alright, dinner's ready."

"I don't get why you wanna join that gang. I mean, sure, I would look so good in one of those leather jackets. But spending your evenings in the Wyrm, surrounded by mostly drunks and plain assholes? Don't get me wrong, I love the Serpents-- they're family. But, like, there are more important things to focus on. Football? Exams? Anything ring a bell in that thick-skulled head of yours?" Madison had gotten up from the couch, put her phone away and took a seat at the dining table, the usual one. She was used to teasing Jason and vice versa. I mean, what else would you expect from the children of Cheryl Blossom-Topaz?

Jason swatted away the finger that was pressing onto his head and scoffed. "You don't understand how cool it would be. But whatever, I'll save it until dad gets home." He said, taking a bite of chicken, a moment of chewing and then swallowed and asked. "Another late night for him, huh?"

It wasn't weird for their dad to be working late. Mostly he'd be running errands all day, helping Sheriff Keller out with some case all night long or whatever asshole was disturbing people. That was his task as leader of the Serpents. He was the main man, the approachable point of Riverdale regarding crime in the town, after the Sheriff.

"He'll be here soon, I'm sure."

--------------------------------------------------------

It was almost 11 pm and there was still no sight of him. Which actually was unusual since he always made sure to call, no matter how busy he was. Cheryl wasn't worried yet, though. After those years of being married, she knew better than to freak out and begin calling everyone she know to get to know his whereabouts. So, she patiently sat on the couch, reading a magazine.

Jason and Madison were there, too. Jason was still glued to the tv watching some movie that was on. Whereas Madison joined her mom, pointing out all the things that would look good on her. Exact copy, I know. It's how they spent most of their mother-daughter time. Either shopping, getting their nails done or...well, not much else to be honest. 

Jason was getting a little anxious about his dad's situation. He had already texted him privately and all that, but still no answer. Suddenly, a news broadcast flashed into the screen, with the catchy intro playing, catching the three redheads' in the living room. 

The news reporter was neatly dressed, as she looked into the camera.

This just in. 

We've just received some saddening news from the police. After years of the crime rates in Riverdale being close to zero, tonight a body has been found at the bottom of Sweetwater River. There has yet to be a statement released from the Sheriff with more details about the case. The body hasn't been identified, but from this picture behind me, it seems as if it's a tall male with dark coloured hair. As soon as there is more information, we'll broadcast it directly to you. We are truly saddened and are awaiting the cause. It isn't clear if this was done on purpose or most likely that it was an unfortunate accident. That's all for now.

For a moment, there was silence. Jason had turned off the tv and there wasn't a word to be exchanged. Madison, already with tears in her eyes as she stared at the tv, the picture of the deceased corpse on the screen burned into her memory. Jason, on the other hand, looked furious. Probably hiding the fact he was scared, taking exactly after his father. 

And Cheryl, well.

She was distraught and softly whispered.

"Toni."

To be continued (?).

----------

talk to me guyssss :)