Chapter 21: Proposal

Toni's POV

Madi was now 3 years old. She was really sweet. To be honest, Cheryl and I were having a rough patch. We would have arguments about stupid little things. Just like now:

''Come on babe! It was just one night. It won't happen again.'' I say to a pissed Cheryl. ''You're right. It won't because I'm forbidding you to drink ever again!'' She shouts. ''What?! I was just drunk one night!'' I say angry. ''You were getting drunk while I was at home with your daughter!'' She yells.

I put my hands through my hair. ''Why can't I just have a little fun with my friends?'' I ask. ''Because we waited for you the whole night! Madi couldn't sleep!'' She shouts. ''It was just one night!'' I repeat pissed. ''Still, you got drunk!'' She yells. I heard the door open and turned around to see Madi. ''Are you going to break up?'' She asks sadly. I look over at Cheryl. ''Hey come here'' I say and she sits on my lap. ''Daddy did something stupid. Now mommy is mad at daddy but daddy will do anything to stay with you and mommy you don't have to worry about mommy and daddy, okay?'' I say. ''Okay daddy'' She says. ''Now go and play. Daddy has to talk with mommy'' I say and she nods and runs towards her room.

Cheryl sits down on the bed. I walk over to her and kneel in front of her. I grab her hands. ''I'm sorry I got drunk last night. I promise I will never drink again'' I say. ''Don't. I just don't want to see you get drunk again with Madi in the same house'' She says. ''I promise I will drink less and not get drunk'' I say. She nods and kisses me long. I smile and she smiles back.  

We heard crying in the crib. Oh right, Cheryl and I got another kid. His name is Jason because Cheryl wanted to. ''I'll get it, babe. You can rest'' I say and she smiles. I walked to the crib. ''Hi buddy'' I say and pick him up. He immediately stopped crying. ''Let's go to mommy!'' I say excited and he squeals. I laugh and walk over to Cheryl with Jason in my arm. ''Hi mommy, Jason missed you'' I say. ''Aww, I missed you too baby'' She says and I hand him to Cheryl. Cheryl laid on my shoulder with Jason in her arms. 

Madi walked in. ''Hey princess. Something wrong?'' I ask. ''Can I come to cuddle too?'' She asks. ''Of course baby'' I say and she jumps in my arms. I put an arm under Cheryl's arm and the other arm around Madi. This is my future. Two beautiful children and Cheryl. I was secretly planning to propose to Cheryl. I grabbed my phone quietly so I wouldn't wake the kids and Cheryl. I texted the gang in a group chat without Cheryl in it:

Toni: Plan 'Propose to Cheryl' is on.

Kevin: omg YAAAAS

Veronica: Got it!

Toni: Everyone knows their jobs?

Everyone: Yup!

I smiled at the texts. ''What are you smiling at babe?'' Cheryl asks while she woke up. ''Nothing'' I say smiling.

---

2 weeks later...

Today is the day I'm going to propose to Cheryl. I have everything planned and the gang helped me. Cheryl suspected something but I told her there was nothing to worry about. She even thought I was cheating on her because I was so distant but I told her I was busy with some work. Today Veronica and Betty volunteered to 'babysit' Madi and Jason and I told Cheryl I had to work so she was alone.

I went to the place and waited for Cheryl.

Cheryl's POV

Veronica and Betty were babysitting Madi and JJ. Toni had to work so I had time for myself. I went upstairs to the bedroom and saw a letter on the bed. I looked around and didn't see anything or anybody. I grabbed the letter and opened it:

Dear Cheryl,

If you are reading this letter you want to know what this is. You wanted to know why I was so distant lately. If you want to find out, you have to go to the place we first laid eyes on each other.

- xx T

I smiled at the letter and grabbed my jacket and car keys. I drove to Riverdale High. I didn't know if it was even open. I arrived and saw Kevin standing outside the doors. I stepped out of the car and she smiled as I walked up to him. ''Kevin? What's going on?'' I ask confused. He says nothing but hands me a letter.

Dear Cheryl,

If you're reading this you probably want to know but not so fast. You have to go to the place we had our first official date.

- xx T

I drove to Pops. I stepped in and sat down at a booth. Pops walked up to me with a present and he smiles. '''Thanks Pops'' I say and he nods. I open the letter attached to the package.

I got you a present. Open if you want to. After that go to the place where we first broke up. 

-- xx T

I opened the present and it revealed the promise ring Toni gave me. I got some tears in my eyes. I got in the car and drove to the football field. I saw Archie and Reggie. They pull up their shirts to reveal and message on their stomachs:

You mean the world to me

Archie points to Sweet Pea, Jughead and Fangs. They are holding a board:

You make me complete

They point towards Kevin. He shows his board:

The years without you were horrible

He points towards Josie. She shows her board:

Now go to our special spot.

I immediately went to the bench. I saw candles and lights. I see Toni waiting nervously. He spots me and smiles big. I got tears in my eyes. Was he about to do what I think he was? He grabs my hands. ''Cheryl, when I first met you I knew you were gonna be a big positive impact on my life and I was right. When we first kissed I felt that it would never get old. When we broke up I was heartbroken. I even considered making an end to it.'' He says and I look at him shocked with tears. ''I never thought I would ever be this happy with anyone. I will try to make you as happy as you made me. Now, there is one more thing I need to do.'' He adds and gets on one knee. He takes out a box with a beautiful ring:

 He takes out a box with a beautiful ring:

I look shocked with tears in my eyes. ''Cheryl Majorie Blossom, will you do me the honour to make me the happiest guy alive?'' He asks. ''Yes, thousand times yes!'' I say and he puts the ring around my finger. He kisses me and I put my arms around his neck. I heard clapping and turned around to see the whole gang clapping and cheering.

''This is the best proposal ever babe'' I say and he grins. ''Where are Madi and JJ?'' I ask. ''Right here!'' Betty yells and I see Betty, Veronica, Madi and JJ running towards us. Madi immediately hugs Toni and I. ''Mommy and daddy are finally getting married!'' She shouts and everybody laughs. Toni thanked everyone and we headed home. The kids finally fell asleep. I walk into the room to see Toni on the bed. He smiles at me and I smile back. He wraps his arms around my waist. We cuddle for a bit.

 ''I can't wait to marry you soon to be wife'' Toni says and kisses my neck. I giggle. ''I love you'' I say. ''I love you too'' He says and kisses my head.