Chapter 14: The Lodge Lodge part 2

Toni's POV

I was woken up by Cheryl. I groaned and hugged her. She laughed and got me off of her. I took a shower and put on some swim trunks. I went downstairs and was hit with the smell of delicious pancakes. 

I saw the girls making pancakes. The guys were sitting on the couch bored. I ran upstairs to get my PlayStation. I plugged it in and the guys jumped up to play. I laughed and we played for a bit. ''TT, come help me please?'' I heard Cheryl say. I immediately jumped up and walked towards Cheryl and the girls. 

''Yeah?'' I asked. She handed me a couple of plates with pancakes to put on the little table in front of the TV. I continued to play against Reggie. I saw Cheryl getting a plate of pancakes and cuddle into me. 

I won from Reggie and also grabbed a plate with pancakes. We talked and laughed. I took everyone's plates and headed towards the sink to clean them. I cleaned them and dried my hands. I headed towards the girls that sat by the pool. I sat behind Cheryl and gave her a peck on her cheek. 

''So what do you think Cheryl?'' Betty asks. ''Only if Toni is coming with us.'' She replies. I hear my name and immediately look up in confusion. They laugh ''Will you go to the mall with us?'' Veronica asks. ''Sure, why not?'' I say and Cheryl puts her head on my shoulder. 

''Everyone! We're going to the mall! Be downstairs in 30 minutes!'' She yells so everyone could hear it. 

I headed upstairs to put on jeans and a t-shirt. Cheryl was also ready and we headed downstairs. I saw almost everyone already there. Everyone was downstairs and we drove to the mall. I stepped out and helped Cheryl get out. As soon as we got in the mall Cheryl took my hand and lead me to all kinds of stores.

I gave my card again for like the 12th time today. We stepped out of the store. ''Babeee, you don't have to pay!'' She pouts. ''But I want to spoil you!'' I say. She grins and gives me a kiss. We all gathered around and ate at the mall. We all went back to the Lodge and chilled at the pool. 

I fell asleep with Cheryl laying on my chest. I suddenly felt someone shaking me awake ''Topaz! Wake up!'' I hear Sweet Pea say. I groan ''What?'' I ask as Cheryl got off my chest and I sat up. ''There are some people who claim to be your parents.'' He says. I felt my stomach clutch. I just stared off into the distance. ''Topaz! You okay?'' Reggie pats my shoulder. ''Y-yeah I'm fine,'' I reply with a shaky voice.

''Let them in,'' I say. How did my parents know where I was? They wouldn't care. ''Are you sure, babe?'' Cheryl asks. I nod nervous and feel Cheryl grab my hand and squeeze it. I saw the door open with My mom, dad and Sweet Pea. 

''Antonio!'' I heard my mom say. She runs over to me and hugs me tight. ''What do you want?'' I snarl. ''Antonio where were you?'' My dad asked. ''Do not call me Antonio, I'm Toni.'' I reply. They nod. They look at my friends. ''Can we talk to you in private?'' My mom asks. ''We will go-'' Archie says but I cut him off. ''No, you guys can stay.'' I say and they stay seated. 

''Antonio please.'' My mom says. ''No! These people are my best friends, hell they are my family. You can tell them anything. I trust these people with my life.'' I say and look behind me to see everyone nodding. ''Well, we wanted to offer to move back in with us.'' My dad says. ''The fuck!? You guys never loved me! What the hell!.'' I say and I feel Cheryl grab my hand to calm me down. 

''Toni!!'' I heard in the distance. I looked behind me and I saw my little sister AJ. ''AJ!'' I shout and run up to her. I hug her tight.  ''Amanda Jean!'' I heard my parents say. I see that my dad was about to hit her. I grabbed his arm and put AJ behind me. ''You will never touch her,'' I say angrily. I saw all my friends gasp at my dad's action.

I turn to AJ. ''I'm gonna put you in a cab, tell the couple that lives there that you're my sister. Okay?'' I give her a spare key. She nods and hugs me before leaving.

''Just come home Antonio.'' My mom says. ''I will never go back to you guys. You guys never accepted me when I wanted to change into a guy.'' My friends look at me surprised. ''Sorry I didn't tell you guys.'' 

''But you guys never loved me. You abused me, hit me and sometimes even starved me. I will make sure that AJ won't go through that hell.'' I say with tears in my eyes. ''I had to start all over. I was lucky I found new parents, have all these amazing friends and.'' I say they look at me. I take Cheryl's hand. ''That I met the perfect girl,'' I say and they look at me shocked. 

''Oh please! Don't look at her like that! She actually does accepts me unlike you.''I say with a tear falling from my cheek. ''Go,'' I say and turn around. ''Antonio-'' My mom begins but I cut her off. ''HOW MANY TIMES? IT'S TONI.'' I yell. ''Jug, Fangs, Sweets. Please take them out.'' I say softly. They nod and lead them away. 

I sit down on the couch outside and put my head in my hands in defeat. I feel Cheryl laying her head on my shoulder. ''Sorry guys. For not telling you. That you all had to see this mess.'' I mumble. ''Hey, we're a family. We do anything for each other.'' I hear Veronica say and everyone agree. 

''Thanks, you guys,'' I say.

I walk upstairs to our room and sat down. I got a text:

AJ: Hey T, I'm home. They adopted me!

Toni: That's great AJ! I'll be home in a couple of days. Love Ya!

AJ: Love ya too!

I hear a soft knock on the door. ''Come in,'' I say. The door opened and Cheryl is standing at the door. I smile sadly. ''Hey,'' I say. ''Hi.'' She says. 

She sits down next to me and puts her head on my shoulder. ''My parents adopted AJ.'' I say breaking the silence. ''That's great!'' She says. ''Yeah, I guess,'' I say still upset. ''I'm sorry you had to see that,'' I say. ''Baby, you don't have to worry about that.'' She says and grabs my hand.

''I just can't get the thought out of my head that what if I didn't get AJ out of the hell hole?'' I say. ''But you did.'' She says. ''I guess,'' I say. ''Thank you, babe. I don't know what I would do without you.'' I say and kiss her. She grins and leads me downstairs to sit on the couch outside by the pool. 

Everyone turns to look at us. I sit down and bury my head into Cheryl's neck. I was so tired. I closed my eyes again. After a while, Cheryl woke me up. ''Wake up baby. It's time for dinner.'' She says. I groan and get up. 

We all sit down and eat in silence. ''Guys it's okay to talk. I'll be fine.'' I say breaking the silence. They all look at me unsure but then talk. I already felt better. We all laughed and talked more. We all went to bed.

(The last morning Toni's POV still)

I woke up and woke Cheryl up. We started packing our stuff and got dressed. We headed downstairs waiting for the others. Everyone arrived and we all drove away to our houses. I dropped Cheryl off at her house and drove back home. 

I parked my car outside and got my keys to open the door. When I opened the door I heard AJ running. ''Tones! You're back!'' She says and hugs me. ''Hey Tiny,'' I say and drop my bags. ''AJ? Who is it?'' I heard my mom say. ''Toni's home!'' AJ says excitedly. My mom gives me a hug and I go to my room to unpack.

''Dinner!'' My dad yelled. I went downstairs and sat down. We all ate and talked. ''Tomorrow I begin with school.'' AJ says. ''Cool, you can always hang out with me and my friends.'' I reply and she nods. We all went to sleep but before I fell asleep I texted Cheryl:

Toni: Hey baby, I just wanted to say good night and that I love you.

My goddess: You too baby

I smile and go to sleep.