Chapter 4: We can't..

Toni's POV

I woke up to snoring. I opened my tired eyes and saw Cheryl sleeping in my arms. So peaceful. I decided I would make breakfast. But I had to face an obstacle: getting out of bed without waking Cheryl up. Once I got out of bed I quietly went downstairs. 

I grabbed some ingredients for blueberry pancakes. Cheryl told me that was her favorite breakfast. I thought back at yesterday. God, I got to kiss Cheryl Blossom.  She is absolutely amazing. I couldn't stop thinking about her. Until I felt two arms wrapped around my waist. I turned around to see Cheryl standing behind me. 

I smiled and before she could even smile I picked her up and placed her on the counter. She giggled. "Morning." I said in my morning voice. "Good morning." She gave me a lingering kiss. "I made you blueberry pancakes." I said to her. "Awww, thanks." She gave me a kiss on the cheek. 

"Have you signed up for any school activities?" She asked me. "Maybe football." I replied. "Archie can help you with that." She suggested. "I'll ask him." I said. "Why football?" She asked me. "Well, a major reason is because I get to get cheered on by the Vixen's. Plus there is this really cute girl." "Who?!" She asked jealous. I grinned. "What?" "I meant you, you dork." 

She was clearly relieved when I told her. She came up to me and gave me a peck on the cheek.

Cheryl's POV

"Let's get ready for school." I suggested. "Fiiiine." Toni replied. I laughed and went upstairs to brush my teeth. Me and Toni both got dressed. I don't wanna brag, but I'm gonna. We looked good as fuck. 

We went to school with Toni's car. Once we arrived I told Toni: "We can't expose our relationship". "What?!" He said broken and disappointed. "I'm sorry Toni, I just don't want it to affect my reputation." "Your reputation?!" Uh-oh. "I cannot believe you!" He said. "Your reputation is more important to you than our relationship?" 

"Toni I-." He interrupted me. "I can't deal with this right now Cheryl. I have a lot going on." He said. I felt so guilty. Before he got out of the car he glanced one more time at me. "I'm sorry." I say. "I'm sorry too." He says and walks into school. Why did he apologize? I sighed.

When I stepped into the halls Veronica came practically running towards me. "So?!" She asked. "So?" I asked confused. "How did your date go with Toni?" "How did you know?" I asked. "Duh, I saw you two but I didn't want to ruin your date." She says. I felt miserable. "Are you okay Cheryl?" Veronica asked me concerned. "I'm fine." I lied.

Toni's POV

I walked into school feeling heartbroken. Why didn't Cheryl want to expose out relationship? Am I not good enough? I asked myself. I got snapped out of my thoughts when the guys started coming over. "Hey Toni." Archie said. "Hey Arch, do you think I can try out for football?" I asked him. "Of course buddy!" He replied. "Thanks man." 

When the bell rang I went to my first class: Math which I always have with Cheryl. Great. Just great. I walked to the classroom and I spotted Cheryl talking to Veronica and Betty (who are in the same class btw). 

Normally I would walk over and chat with them, but I wasn't in the mood since Cheryl was there. She only told Veronica and Betty about us. God, I feel so stupid! I sighed at my thought and just say down. I could feel Cheryl , Betty and Veronica sting their eyes into my back. This is gonna be a long day.

Cheryl's POV

I was still sad about my argument with Toni. I saw him walk into the classroom when I was talking to Betty and Veronica. I saw that he saw me too, but he didn't come to talk. "Sorry Cheryl." Veronica said while comforting me. "Thanks." I said. I only told Betty and Veronica about the situation.

"Blossom, sit down!" Ugh, let hell begin.

The bell rang and it was time for lunch. The bulldogs and the Vixen's always sit together at the big table, well plus Toni. Me and the Vixen's sat down at our usual table. The boys weren't here yet. We were just chatting until the boys came.

 "Dude you have to try out for the team!" Archie said to Toni. "Yeah man the way you threw that ball tho!" Reggie told him. "I will guys!" Toni grinned. Usually Toni would sit next to me and another guy. But this time he would sit between Reggie and Archie. I looked at him and he looked back, I could see his sadness in his beautiful eyes. 

I knew he did this so it wouldn't be suspicious. "Maybe you'll see him at try outs after schooll." Betty whispered. "Good idea, cousin." I whispered back. 

Toni' POV (after school at the try outs)

"Show me what you can do, Topaz." Coach told me. "Yes sir!" I told him back and he laughed. I catched every ball flawless and I threw every ball flawless. 

Once the try outs were over they guys came running up to me and tell me how great I did. It felt so good. I never thought I would love something this much. I saw Moose looking behind me. I turned around and I saw the whole cheerleading team cheering. 

Once I saw Cheryl I felt a knot tying in my stomach. I see Veronica and Betty running to me. "Toni, Cheryl wants to talk to you." Betty said. "About you two." Veronica added. Ughhhh. "We know so don't worry." They both said. "Thanks, where is Cheryl?" I asked. "I think by the bleachers." 

I make my way to the bleachers and I see Cheryl sitting. When I arrived she looked up, clearly sad.

Cheryl's POV

I looked at how hot Toni looked in sweat playing football. The only thing I did was think about us. I looked up to see Toni standing infront of the bleachers. "You wanted to talk?" He asked. "Yes." I patted the seat next to me and he sat down.

"First of all I wanna say that I'm sorry." I felt tears in my eyes. "I'm sorry I didn't think about us." I swear I won't ever do it again." I said. "Please Toni." I looked into his big gorgeous eyes. I started tearing up. 

I felt Toni's warm arms around me. I felt so safe. "Cheryl, we can't.." he said. "What?" I asked him. "Cheryl this is not your fault. I have a huge ass secret and it's not good. I just need some time Cheryl, that's all I ask" I ran away with so much tears in my eyes. God! How could I think he would actually fall for me. 

Toni's POV

I felt so bad. But I knew Cheryl wanted to be alone. I dropped my face in my hands. I felt someone put his hand on my shoulder. It was Archie. "I'm sorry man." With that I broke down. Why did I do this? She hates me. I feel so guilty. She tried to make up and instead I broke it off. I'm such an ass.