Chapter 6: Football

Toni's POV

I woke up to my alarm. Which means that is was Monday and it was time for school. Normally I wouldn't be excited to go, but now I get to go with Cheryl. The thought of Cheryl and I together at school made me feel butterflies in my stomach. Things finally worked out for us. Still, I didn't tell her about my secret.

I showered, did my hair, brushed my teeth and put on my clothes. I packed my bag and got my keys. "Bye mom, bye dad!" I yelled. "Bye honey!" My mom shouted back. 

I opened the garage and put my bag in the back. Once I started the engine I drove to the Thistlehouse. I still couldn't believe it was so huge. Cheryl told me she lived alone for a while, because her mother is abusive, but she's on a trip.

I still didn't get any results for the football team. Which I now realize that I probably didn't make it. I sighed and I arrived at the Thistlehouse. I got out of my car and made my way to the door. I knocked on the door and the door got opened by Cheryl.

As she opened the door I picked her up. She was laughing and gave me a kiss. "Hi." I said dreamily. "Hi cutie." She said. I grinned and put her down. I grabbed her hand and lead her to my car.

I opened the door for her and she thanked me. We made our way to school. "Have you heard anything from the team?" Cheryl asked. "No, nothing." I replied. "I heard that the results will be out today at school." She said. Not gonna lie, I got nervous. Until I felt Cheryl grab my hand and she smiled at me.

I smiled back at her and squeezed her hand. We arrived at school and got out of my car. As we stepped in school the Vixen's practically came running over to Cheryl. Me and Cheryl seperated our ways to our lockers.

When I got to my locker I saw a whole crowd of people around the pinboard. "What's going on?" I asked. "The results of the team." Archie said while he was standing behind me. I pushed to see the board:

Moose Mason ———— Line Backer

Archie Andrews——— Right Guard

Chuck Clayton ———- Tight End

Reggie Mantle ———- Wide Receiver

Toni Topaz —————- Captain/Quarterback

Oh my god! My heart dropped. I made the team! "Congrats Topaz!" The guys congratulated me. "Thanks guys!" I replied. I can't wait to tell Cheryl that we will be the most cliche couple ever!

I got my stuff and the bell rang. I made my way to Math. I stepped into the classroom and I saw Cheryl, Betty and Veronica chatting as always. I walked up to them, because our teacher wasn't here yet. Cheryl noticed me and hugged me. "Hey girls." I said. "Hey Toni! What's up?" They replied.

"Guess what?" I told them. "What?" They asked. "You're looking at the new quarterback!" I said. "Oh my goshhhhh!!" They screamed. I laughed and Cheryl gave me a kiss. "Sit your asses down there in the back!" The teacher yelled. We sat down and hell begun.

Cheryl's POV

I was so happy for Toni. Now I get to see my boyfriend playing football in sweat. Me and the Vixen's chatted in the hall and made our way to our usual table. The boys weren't here yet, not surprised. We were talking about our cheer routine for our first game this Saturday.

We argued for a bit, but we made it work. When we finally agreed with eachother the boys came over. They made weird noises like always and hugged Toni. They laughed about something. They reached our table and sat down.

I saw Toni walking towards me and he sat down next to me. I felt him take my hand under the table. I blushed. I looked at him and he smiled warmly. He was so handsome. We talked about the game this Saturday.

"You nervous Topaz?" Reggie asked. "Nah man." He smiled. "Remember, you got practice today!" They said. "Yeah, yeah! Calm down boys!" He said and me and the girls laughed. We enjoyed our lunch with chatting and laughter.

Toni's POV  (Saturday before the game)

 I made my way to Cheryl. She opened and greeted me with a kiss. I smiled back at her. "Are you excited for your first game?" She asked. "Well I guess." I said nervous. She wrapped her arms around my waist. "You're gonna do great." She reassured me. I smiled at her "That's because my girlfriend is gonna cheer me on." She smiled and kissed me.

We drove to the field to find a couple of guys already there. Coach handed me my new uniform and helmet.  Me and the boys got dressed. We walked on the field. "How does it feel man?" Reggie asked me while putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Great man!" I said and he laughed. It was time. I was standing on the field so nervous. I felt hundreds of eyes looking at me. I heard the cheerleaders cheer. "HUT! HUT! HIKE!" I yelled and the game begun.

The score was 46-33 mostly scored by me.

The ball got thrown at me and I looked around to see everyone occupied by the enemy. I started to run like hell. I saw the line so close.

Until I felt a body crash into my body. Which made me fall. "AAHHH, FUCK!" I yelled. Everyone gasped. I saw Reggie, Archie and Coach run up to me. "Boy, are you alright?." Coach asked concerned. "I'm fine." I replied. I tried to get up, but I felt a huge sting in my side.

I moved my hand to see a wound. How did this happen? I looked at the opponent who crashed into me and I saw him with a bloody knife in his hand. Oh crap. I winced in pain as I felt my eyes getting tired.

"TONI!." I heard Cheryl shouting as she came running to my side. "Toni keep your eyes open!" She said. "I-I can't." I got out of my mouth. My eyes closed slowly. "NO TONI!" Cheryl sobbed. I felt two men carry me. After that I felt darkness.

Hi guys! Thanks for reading! Please comment and share for more!!!

Bye!