First Day in Avalor Prep High (Last Part)

(Aurora's POV)

Our class was waiting on the school grounds for our sports teacher. Ariana, who was standing beside me told me that the teacher's name was Erica Thompson. A few minutes later a lady, Mrs Thompson I suppose came there.

"Alright class," she addressed us," today we are just going to practice dueling so take out your swords pair up in groups of two."

"Excuse me Professor Thompson," said Victoria raising a hand.

"Yes Miss Wilson?" she asked Victoria.

"Professor, there are two new students here today and they will need their own elemental swords," Victoria replied.

"Oh, yeah thanks for reminding me, Miss Carter and Mr Harrison come here and everyone else start dueling." Professor said.

I and James walked towards her while the other students started pairing up. As we reached her she gave us both one sword each. It looked very much like those which Sam and Matilda had back on Earth.

"It's not an ordinary sword," Professor Thompson told us," their hilt are made-up of a very special crystal found only on this planet and hence these swords have the power to control five special elements."

"Wh-What!" Me and James gaped at her.

"These swords have the power to control five elements but not the periodic table ones, the five elements are wind, fire, ice, rocks, and lightning."she said.

"Wait, so do mean to say that this sword can control all that," I asked her thoroughly surprised.

"Well yes and no. These have the power to control all that but depending upon the characteristics of their owner each sword takes the power to control only one specific element. Now take it both of you and and make a slash in the air whith it."

Though still confused we obeyed her, James slashed with his sword first and instantly a ring of ice fromed in front of him.

"Ah,very good Mr Harrison, the sword has chosen ice powers for you!" Professor Thompson told him.

Then I took a deep breath and slashed the air with my sword.

"BANG!"

There was a deafinig sound and a bright flash of light. All the students turned towards me looking completely shocked while Professor Thompson clapped her hands to her mouth.

"Oh my goodness, Miss Carter you have been chosen for the power of lightning!" She exclaimed," the only other person who has got the lightning power in the last sveven decades is King Garrick."

Alright, I had totally not expected that. After a few minutes Professor Thompson clapped her hands to snap back all the students to reality who were staring at me and told them to start dueling while she told me and James to just watch as today was our first day. It was really interesting. I saw Ariana dueling with Vic. They both had wind power, they were attacking each other with small tornadoes, at last Ariana won. Then James nudged on my shoulders and guestered me to look at a direction. As I turned my head to look there my jaw dropped. Sam and Dean were dueling there and their moves were incredibly awesome. Dean had rocks power and Sam had fire. Sam was throwing flames at Dean and Dean was protecting himself with a shield of rocks. This duel lasted the longest and finally Sam won.
I hate to admit it but Sam is really good with elemental swords. He saw me looking and smirked at me. I rolled my eyes at him before looking away.

The rest of the day was not very much eventful. We had History, English, Chemistry and Geography.

Now it was evening and I was lying on my bed thinking about today. It was a long day but it was quite fun. But the best thing about today was that I saw my own uncle, someone living of my family of whom I can say I am not ashamed of unlike my so called aunt Matilda. But I am still wondering what was the thing that uncle David was blaming himself for, well maybe I can find out some answers on Sunday but I will have to wait for five days for that. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. "Come in," I said while getting up from the bed. King Garrick entered the room. I curtsied and asked him politely,"How can I help you your highness?"

"No need to be so much formal, being Mia's daughter, you are also like a daughter to me," he told me with a fatherly smile,"I wanted to ask you how was your first day at the Avalor Prep?"

"Well it was pretty great." I replied.

"Ah, good to hear that you're settling here well," he said and was returning to the door when a question came in my mind.

"Wait, King Garrick!" I said.

He turned around,"Yes?"

"Is it true that you also have the lightning power?" I asked him.

"Yeah," he said.

"So what's so special about it?"

"You see, it's the most powerful of the five elements. If used properly then it can have unexpected results. Even I have not been able to use it's power to it's full extent." He told me. I nodded at him and after a few seconds he left the room and I slumped down into my bed and started my train of thoughts again.
_________________________________________