Chapter: 11

I was running.

The grass with dandelions tickled my bare feet as my legs were sprinting, faster and faster. My long, brown hair was whipping behind me.

Then all of a sudden I fell through the grass and was flipped into darkness. A spotlight came on and I realized I was on a stage, but couldn’t see anything except pure blackness. The stage looked as if it ran for miles.

I tried to say hello but my lips wouldn’t move. I couldn’t move. I was stuck.

Another spotlight turned on and I saw Kyle. Fear filled my veins like cold ice.

“You cheater. You lying tramp. You traitor.”

The words hit me like daggers, but they soon disappeared when I saw the flashing silver from the knife he was holding behind his back.

Oh my God, he had a literal dagger.

I still couldn’t move.

“I will have you. You are mine and I will find what’s mine. I always do.” He was getting closer.

He then was right in front of me, and he pulled the knife. He stabbed me, but no blood came out and I didn’t feel any physical pain.

Something bright started coming out of my chest and another wolf jumped tackling Kyle, but Kyle immediately turned into dust, disappearing. The wolf looked up to me and soon whimpered. It backed away for the light coming out of my chest was too bright.

“Help!” I yelled. My lips could finally move and I croaked again, “help! Please…”

The light was getting too bright.

I heard a howl, and darkness consumed me.

I couldn’t breathe. My chest hurt.

I gasped and shot upright, falling off the bed and a pain shot up my back. I soon felt the impact when my elbow and legs hit the carpet.

“Heather!” I heard someone yell. No, not someone. Cole.

I kept my eyes closed as I was gently picked up from the ground. I then felt the soft cushion underneath my feet from the mattress.

“Open your eyes Heather. Please.”

I did, to see a very worried looking Cole above me. I was in his lap.

He wiped something wet from my cheeks. Was I crying?

“Cole…”

“What happened?”