Chapter: 27

Hey, just wanted to let you all know if you are suffering with any mental illness/disorder/having a hard time, in a bad relationship or just feeling stressed and worthless, you're not. Life keeps moving on, these moments change, you will have good times, and you are on this earth to be you and only you which is unique. Things get better. Life is good. Love yourself. :) Carry on.

Heather's POV

November 6

Once again, I was tired.

And scared. And so many emotions were running through me as I was staring at my reflection in the 3 foot bathroom mirror.

I had a feeling the 6 foot man on the helicopter was related to Cole.

He had the same jawline, crunched up eyes when he smiled, and when he talked to me about how happy he was to finally meet me, I felt like immediate friendly-family. My nerves about meeting Cole's mom soon dimmed. If she's half as nice as her husband, she's grand.

As soon as we got off the flying object, the "prisoner" went to the dungeon and Zack went to a guest room. Cole's dad said goodnight to us and told me we'd have dinner tomorrow, so I can meet Cole's family.

Now, at 2 am, I was staring in the reflective object.

Kyle's first slap on me. Him telling me he loved me. All the lies.

My vision started to go blurry.

Him turning into a wolf, the fury and cold distance in his eyes, him slashing my cheek.

My breathing increased. Tears were falling but my eyes were wide.

You're having a panic attack. Calm dow-

I shut Lunar off somehow. My mind was rumbling, my head pounding.

I let out a slaughtered cry, I was trying to keep it in but my chest tightened too much.

What Luna am I if I'm here breaking down?

But all these hits I've taken, all these abusive words and actions, these moments that have shot me. I am still here. Dancing, laughing, stress, anxiety, love, destroying.

"Kitten?" I hear Cole's voice.

I pushed off the sink and sat on the wall, my back impacting it. I was shaking. I felt the wet tears all over my face. I let out another strangled cry with a mix of laughter.

"Heather!" Cole busted the door down. Did I lock the door?

I felt the warm embrace of Cole, I gripped onto his back, realizing he wasn't wearing a shirt. My tears were soaking his chest, but he must not have cared. We were circled into a ball, and he kissed my mark on my collarbone.

"I-I'm sorry," I choked out.

"It's okay, it's okay. I love you Heather."

"I miss my parents..."

"We can see them today, if you want."

I nodded, but stayed silent.

"I woke up to him."