Chapter: 16

So the GIF got taken down from the last chapter, and I didn't realize it so here it is again. (Charlotte Harnes)

Fangirling while chewing a protein bar and listening to Twenty One Pilot's album. Yes, I bought a CD of Blurryface.

I stared in shock at the delicate white paper that held words that hit me, right through my heart and brain.

"I'm never going to be safe," I whispered so lightly, not even a fly could have heard.

Something flashed in Cole's eyes and then a large, monstrous, deep growl erupted from him, making me flinch.

His eyes darted to me and he held me to his chest. "You," he said gently, yet aggressive, "will be safe as long as you stay here. With me."

I closed my eyes and allowed him to hold me. "I'm sorry for the things I've said, but you have to understand this is new to me Cole. I cannot just be taken from my home and placed in this creatural world without some objections."

He chuckled. "I understand that, but God Heather, the things you do to me, I cannot risk to lose you."

"Possessive much?" I mumbled.

"Obviously."

I tried to pull out of his arms, but he wouldn't let go.

"Cole."

"I'm not letting go." And then he picked me up, carrying me bridal style. "I have to show you something."

He carried me out of the house and then let me down on my feet. "You are actually letting me outside after that letter?" I pulled up my purple top to cover my shoulder.

"Please, don't cover up your mark. Please." His eyes flashed gold. "I will protect you, if he dares come ne-"

"I get it. Hulk smash." I wiggled my bare toes in the grass. "Where are you taking me?"

"Hop on." He crouched, and his bones crunched and clicked making me cringe. He was then the beautiful dark brown wolf I've come to feel safe around.

"This is worse than driving a car, fluffly." I said sitting on top of him, holding my arms lightly around his furry neck.

He snorted, a little wolf snort.

Aw.

And then we took off.

It was pretty bumpy at first, but I got used to it.

The wind whipping loosely through my hair, the trees passing by as a blur, the smell of fresh grass and nature, the only sound of paws hitting the ground.