Chapter: 20

Hi, I'm not trying to be rude or anything but recently I've been getting a lot of spam, like people messaging follow for follow and vote for vote. Sorry, I do not do that. I am just here to write.

About 2 hours and a few boxes and bags later, I was ready to go back to the pack house.

Sort of.

"Goodbye, my shelter! The only one I shall ever love! Will thee Romeo tak-"

"Kitten, stop. I love you dearly, but your acting is not the best. Also, you are making me jealous of an object."

I was hugging my house and imitating some Shakespeare. Let's just say, I was never good in the drama department.

I didn't pack everything I owned, because Cole said he will take me shopping sometime to get new stuff. I protested, saying I don't like taking charity, but he wouldn't listen. One box was full of all the bathroom essentials and...well, girl things. Cole tried to look in it, but I lied and told him he is not allowed to touch my Lush soaps, when really I didn't want him to see my tampons and such. I packed my stuffed animals, hiding Olaf from Cole, and of course, I packed the emoji pillows.

He chuckled as I handed the poop emoji pillow to him to pack. "Really?"

"I love them. Like, they are emotions."

"Poop is an emotion?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Duh."

I threw on a red and black plaid shirt, picked up my box full of books, well, 2 large boxes that probably weighed and were taller than me. They were the last boxes to pack in the car.

He came running to my side, taking them. "Jeez Heather, don't scare me like that. I will take care of everything."

"Thanks, but those are my babies. I will get shot and murdered if it means protecting them."

He raised an eyebrow yet again and started walking down the driveway.

"Are they too heavy for you?" I asked, trying to tease him. "Because I can totally handle them."

He growled, as I was following him to the car. "You could have hurt yourself, and I'm a wolf. I'm 10 times stronger than you, most likely more."

"Shut up. I'd be able to kick your furry ass anytime."

He set the boxes down in the trunk. His eyes got darker. "Kitten, I love your confidence, but no. You cannot. You couldn't hurt Kyl-" His eyes widened and he immediately stopped.

It was just words, but it felt like he just stabbed my heart. He stepped towards me and I took a step back.

He thinks I'm weak because I let Kyle hit me? Is he blaming the victim? Blaming me?

"Kitten...Heather, I'm so sorry. That was my wolf talking...he gets so angry sometimes, especially about him..."

I shook it off. Don't show weakness anymore, Heather. "Well, maybe you should get more control over your wolf. He already made the mistake of marking me." And I walked away.

"Whoa, marking you was not a mistake Heather." He was following me. "Marking you early was a mistake, but that mark is not. Yes, I regret I couldn't control Alex and do it when you wanted to."

"Just leave me alone, Cole." I looked up and saw the clouds were getting darker. It was about to rain. I felt a tear escape my eye and I furiously rubbed it away. I never cried this much until I met Cole. I hugged myself from the cold.

"Heather, where are you going?" I was walking through my backyard, into the woods, and I stopped.

I sniffled, but no more tears fell. It started to rain. "I-I'm going no where Cole. Just some stupid forest, that's all." I lied.