Chapter: 28

Boom boom pow I'm stressed but boom boom pow. 

Update: My heart is so heavy right now, about Dallas, Nice,France, and then the RIP Lola who was apparently fake (suicide in the TøP clique)

Heather's POV

November 7, 8:49 PM (I actually use military time in my daily life I just never incorporate it into this story)

"Kyle's face...in the fire?" I asked in disbelief. 

"Yes, swear on the moon goddess," Charlotte answered.

If the looks on their faces weren't so distraught and serious, I would have thought they were on some form of LSD. 

I've never seen anything like it, Cole said in my head.

"But what happened to your hair, Luna?" Jason asked me.

"Oh, I uh..." I stuttered while touching the freshly cut tips that tickled my shoulders. "Fear of long hair burning in the fire...?" Yep, they are totally going to believe that Heather.

You are the worst liar, Lunar said

Let's not talk about it. 

To knock the confused looks off their faces, I asked, "did he say anything? Could you make anything out?"

"No, just Kyle's face." Zack replied.

I sighed. "You are sure it was Kyle?"

"I'd recognize that face anywhere." Zack looked me dead in the eyes. "It was him. I'm certain. I knew when I infiltrated his pack that he was working with...magic, but not this far. This is crazy."

Mac spoke up. "Okay, so he can communicate through fire. I say we stab and maul the freak."

Cole was staring at me, but I looked to the group. "Why would he not say an-"

My words were stopped by an ear piercing scream. It came from the cellar, full of prisoners. 

"That's Luke! The rogue that attacked you in the white van!" Zack yelled. 

"I was supposed to interrogate him tonight..." Cole said, his eyes wide. 

I started running towards the cellar, but Luke came stumbling out. I stopped dead on my feet. The guards were right behind him but they stopped too, looking shocked. 

My mouth was parted and my ears were ringing, I was doing everything in my power not to puke at the ghastly sight in front of me. 

The rogue named Luke that we interrogated when we were kidnapped by Kyle was not the man in front of me. This man's eyes were pure white with blood dripping out of them, marks appearing on his neck. And he didn't look like a 20 year old man, more like a 19 year old terrified and vulnerable boy. 

"He's coming for you Heather Lyalls! You need to run from him but there's no hiding! He...he will kill all!" Luke came stumbling to my feet, and I couldn't find myself to move. "He does this through...the pack link. Save yourself...save the wolves moon goddess. Save the wolves."

His white bleeding eyes looked directly into mine.

"Please. Don't let them die. Don't let the wolves die." And he collapsed on my feet.

It felt as though the air was a thick heavy blanket that just stopped along with time.

Strong arms brought me out of my daze, they gripped around my waist and lifted me off of Luke, and Cole's arms stayed wrapped around my torso.