Chapter: 14

Quite proud of this chapter. Also I am going through my older chapters and fixing them up a bit.

Important Note: The gifs I use sometimes do not portray the characters of how they look, dress, and etc. I use them when they just feel right.

Read on.

Have you ever hit such a low in your life, but without crying or breaking down? Just a crack in the crevice, revealing the truth about the lies you've built yourself on, threatening to crumble.

That's what I felt as my hands were numb from clutching on to Cole's naked back. I was curious to how he found a pair of random shorts in the forest, but that thought escaped my mind from the trickling fear inside me. I was still as a rock, only shaking from the shallow breaths I was taking. I felt Cole nuzzle into my head, his breath tickling my hair.

"Kitten, we can go back home...to the pack house..."

At that, my nerve cracked. I had to end the romance thing that was forming, I knew I would just get myself hurt.

I mustered all the strength I could and worked my wrists into pushing myself off his chest. "The pack house? My home? Cole, we need to end this."

"Kitt-"

Maybe it was the fear in me talking, but I couldn't stop. "No, don't kitten me. I don't even know you for fuck's sake," oh, did I cuss when I ranted. "You are a werewolf mystical creature thing that should be told in fairy tales, not real life. It's your fault that-that I'm involved in this whole mate bond. I didn't agree to this. You can't just take me from my home and replace it with your whole big bad wolf story. I don't want to be any part of this. And yes, I did kiss you but that was probably the bond shit, because I can tell you right now I wouldn't have any feelings for you if there wasn't magic placing a band between us."

I felt so empty. Where had my life gone wrong?

Cole was practically seething, his eyes turning from green to black with gold specks by the second. He stepped towards me, and I had to tilt my head up to meet his eyes. I tried to match my intense glare with his, but it was useless.

"I am the Alpha here. I will take no such disrespect from anyone, even my own mate."

"Screw you." I said and turned away. Wow, hanging around werewolves for a short period of time can turn you into one bad bitch.

I only took 2 steps when I felt my world turn upside down, and the thump of my leg clashing with something hard. It was then I realized Cole picked me up and I was thrown over his shoulder, my face inches from his butt. Damn, he has a fine ass bum.

But I was pissed.

"Cole!" I gasped. "What the Hell! You are kidnapping me you asswipe! Let me go!" I started pounding on his lower back.

Even though I couldn't see him, I knew his face plastered a grin. "Not until you learn respect. I already contacted Jason through the mind link to inform your parents we won't be arriving for breakfast."

I growled.

"Also, I have a fabulous view of your ass."

"Cole!"

He chuckled.

"I swear when you put me down dog..."

10 minutes of me cussing and grumbling later;

"Cole...I think my brain fell out of my ear."

Silence.

"What if I puked?"

Silence.

"Cole, I think I'm passing out." He still stayed silent, so I slumped and let all my weight go to make it seem real. Or at last I hoped he thought I actually passed out.

I felt him move immediately, stars filled my eyelids and I was being bridal carried.

"Kitten?"

I didn't answer. I let my head slump.

"Heather!"

Nope. You act like a dick, you carry me properly.

"Heather, I swear to the moon Goddess if you are faking, I will punish you."

Punishment? I'd like to see him tr-

"I'll make you moan and scream my name so loud tonight the pack in Canada will hear you."

At that, my eyes widened than the size of Canada.

"Excuse me? As if! I'd never even think about having sex with you! Let me down!"

His eyes flashed with gold and he said, "Have you ever had sex before?"

I rolled my eyes. "Let. Me. Down. Now."

"You have to answer the question."

"It's none of your business."

"You are my business." I started to thrash in his arms, but he wouldn't budge. "Kitten, it's a simple question."

I stopped my "seizure". "Oh yeah, and what if I had have sex with someone? And liked it?"

I touched a nerve there.

Anger sparked in his eyes like a fire, a low growl emerged from his lips. "No one touches you." He let me down.

I was walking backwards again, but this time I was not full of fear but amusement. I was playing a little game, him the mouse and I the cat. Grinned as he took a step for everyone I took. "Oh yeah? But what if some had, Cole? I am my own person. I had just met you 3 days ago, and I was a human with my own rights to have sweet, hot, passionate love with another ma-" At that he turned into a full on wolf. I gasped, and like the stupid un-brave girl I am I fell flat on my butt right into the dirt. My leggings were defiantly the color brown then.

I scooted until my back was up against a tree. It was useless, if I ran he would surely catch up with me.

Cole kept walking until his furry body was basically on me, his snout and fierce eyes meeting mine.

"Cole..."

And at that, a fierce pain surged up my shoulder into my neck. I screamed and before I knew it the wolf stepped back, my blood on the ends of his brown fur. He looked excited and then met my eyes, where guilt filled them.

But not regret.

I stood up and ran, not knowing what I was doing. I knew he wouldn't follow me. I just wanted to be left alone.

I pulled the grey sweater up over the healing mark, cringing when the fabric shot pain through it. I saw the pack house come up and ran through the doors thanking that they were unlocked. I ran up to "my room" and slammed the door shut and fell to the floor.

What was even happening? What did I ever do to deserve this?

I slipped out of my mud-reckoned clothes and turned the tub on. I went in, not caring about the frigid temperatures and my shivering. I was numb on the inside, so why not be on the outside?

Why did I pick the boyfriend that turned out to be abusive? Why did I have to be involved in a supernatural world? This world was taking my rights, my parents, my sanity away from me.

It was taking myself away.

All I wanted was a normal life, caring about calculus and chemistry quizzes, finding someone, going to college, having a family and growing old together. All I wanted was love, but I feared the question that kept going through my head.

Did love really exist?