Chapter: 31

I don't know why people read this book like literally it's all over the place and I never start or end it the same way and my writing skills have improved over time so it's all weird ugh.

I apologize for this being short, I just felt the need to get something up. The next few chapters are going to be big and the end of this book, so stick with me. 

November 25th, the Day Before Thanksgiving

1 AM

Cole's POV

I shot upright, my chest rising up and down with heavy breaths.

I looked to my left seeing Heather peacefully sleeping, her eyelids delicately closed. She hadn't been having nightmares, which was good considering after tomorrow they would probably invade her sleep.

It was just me and Kyle, standing feet away facing each other.

He wasn't grinning, and didn't even have a sneer look on his cruel face. He was just standing there. Woods surrounded us. Everything was green.

"What do you plan to do?" My voice sounded far away.

He smiled, a pure innocent smile. "Magic."

Everything started to swirl and that's when I woke up.

I was drawn back to Heather. In less than 48 hours I would be doing everything in my power to protect my mate, my best friend, the girl I am completely and utterly in love with.

And I was...scared.

I took a shaky deep breath and laid back down, and when I was about to put my arm around her stomach to pull her closer, she lifted her head and turned it, meeting her eyes with mine.

"W-what's wrong?"

My eyes were wide, and even though I was sure she was half asleep, I let my walls crumble.

"I need you." I bluntly said. I inwardly cringed at the vulnerability in my voice. "I...I just need to hold you. Please."

Her eyes softened. "Okay." She turned around on her side so her head and hands were rested up against my chest. I wrapped my arms around her, forming a ball.

All I needed was to hold her.

All I needed was her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heather's POV

I woke up, feeling refreshed and happy until I realized that tomorrow I would be fighting a werewolf along with his magically-controlled pack who had the power to make their eyes bleed and chest crumble telepathically.

Oh yeah, just my abusive ex-boyfriend.

I love being 17.

I rolled to my side, seeing that Cole was waking up but his arm never left my waist, holding me to him. 

He stared at me. "You okay?"

I sighed and closed my eyes, taking his hand and cupping my face with his palm. "I will be. We are going to get through this."

I opened my eyes to see him smiling. "We'll have a happily ever after." 

I smiled. "Forever."

But I didn't know how long forever was. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First off, I am so so sorry for not posting in forever. Junior year is slightly killing me but I'm getting through :) AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 100K THAAT IS AMAZING!! 

I've been watching Freaks And Geeks a bunch it's great. Also listening to MGMT and The Black Keys a lil too much.

AUTUMN IS HERE YAY SWEATERS JEANS LEGGINGS CANDLES WEED.

did y'all see what i put in there ;))