Chapter: 2

If anyone is curious, I imagine Alice Englert as Heather (as seen in the photo and gif in Chapter 1) and Alexander Ludwig as Kyle. Hope you enjoy!

My eyes opened and I found myself in my Queen bed, with one leg hanging over the side. I yawned and picked my phone up.

Is 1pm ok? A text from Kyle said. I forgot we were going to the stage today to hang out. I looked at the time and saw it was 11:30.

Yep. Just woke up and excited for today :)

I set my phone down and went into my bathroom, brushing my hair and putting it into a simple side braid. I didn't bother putting makeup on, and changed into a baggy green shirt and leggings.

I went downstairs and ate lunch, since it was already noon.

When I drove myself to the school, I was hoping to see yet not see the mysterious boy. I didn't see him. Phew. I just imagined him.

I was waiting for Kyle, so I stretched my toes. I looked up when I heard a loud bang from the doors closing. I saw Kyle walking in, looking extremely furious. I jumped down from the small stage.

"What's wrong?" I asked, glad that my voice didn't quiver. I hated to admit it, but I was scared of him, especially when he looked this mad. I had never seen him this mad.

When he got to me, his hands clutched my arms tightly. I was sure there were already bruises forming.

"Kyle..." I whispered.

He was looking at me and something flashed in his eyes. "What do you know?" He demanded.

"Kyle you are hurting my arms..." I made out.

His eyes became darker, and my jaw dropped a bit. How...?

"What...do...you...know?" he said again, his teeth were gritted so tight.

"What are you talking about?" I was trying to wiggle away, but his arms were tight as stone.

"I know you saw him..." he said. My eyes widened and all of a sudden he let me go and turned walking away. Is he talking about the mysterious boy?

Before I could control my breathing or explain myself,  he dropped to the floor and I heard him growl. Growl for God's sake.

My lips couldn't form words. He started sprouting fur and soon, there was a huge black, greasy wolf replacing where Kyle was. I couldn't believe my eyes.

This is a dream. I'm just losing it, that's all. Or maybe I ate cheese before bed. This cannot be real.

"K-Kyle?" I whispered.

The wolf turned its head to me, and its pupils got wide. He started making his way towards me, growling. I fell to the floor on my butt and kept sliding away until I felt my back hit the stage. I was shaking all over.

He came over to me, and I tried melting into the floor or wall, but his snout was an inch away from me. He was growling and panting, the noises a monster would make before they eat their victim. He then slashed his one claw and it hit my cheek.

I gasped. It was a pain I have never endured. He was going to kill me.

 I was shaking so bad and I closed my eyes, not baring the torture of my sure-to-come-soon death.

I heard the doors slam shut, and before I knew it Kyle was off of me. I opened my eyes and jumped up on the stage even though it wouldn't offer any protection. When I looked up, it wasn't what I was expecting to see.

I saw Kyle, or should I say the Kyle-wolf creature and another wolf fighting. The other wolf was a very dark brown, and I knew his coat would have shine in the sunlight if we were outside.

Their snouts and teeth were clashing together and their paws slashing at each other's skin. It was like a horror film com to life, and I just wanted it to stop. Finally, Kyle ran away and before he left, he looked at me in the eyes. Then he was gone. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. I turned my head around to see the dark brown wolf approach me slowly. When it jumped on the stage, I didn't slide or run. I just stood there. For some reason I couldn't move. It came up to me and even though I was standing at 5'4, its face came right to mine.

"Oh my God," I whispered. This all could not be real. This was impossible. I mean, Santa is one thing but this...

The wolf let out a deep breath.

I hated characters who passed out at times and faint, but at that time I was feeling so drowsy and couldn't fight the darkness surrounding me. I felt thick arms catch me.

The last thing I heard was, "Mine," and then I drifted away.