Onward! The World Awaits!

A/N: We're back with another chapter!

Honestly, I have no idea why this chapter took me so freaking long to write.

Anyways, happy reading :D

—Tok tok.

Alea and I turned to the door.

"Come in."

Alea called out, and the door slowly opened, revealing a nervous maid.

"E-excuse me."

The maid stuttered.

"H-here's the outfit t-that L-Lord Virion has prepared f-for C-candidate Asher Aureus."

"..."

Was it something I did? The maid was barely able to speak straight. Alea had a similar expression of confusion but walked up and took the parcel.

"Please deliver our message of gratefulness to Lord Virion."

Alea smiled amiably as she spoke, but the maid bowed quickly and left as though she were running away.

"...Did you do something to the maid?"

Alea turned and asked with visible concern.

"No... did you?"

"Not that I recall..."

Alea scratched the back of her head as she walked forward with the parcel.

**

3rd Person POV

Unsurprisingly, the conjectures made by Alea and Asher were completely off the mark.

The real reason why the maid was stuttering and having difficulty speaking was not because of nervousness but rather because of extreme sadness.

The cause of this great sorrow was that she had been notified that Asher was leaving the kingdom for the Interracial Tournament.

In fact, this sentiment was actually shared by every member of the staff of the royal palace.

Though Asher was utterly oblivious to it, he had become beloved by almost everyone who resided within the palace throughout the years that he had spent there.

Despite having just been acting like anyone would to any other person, saying his pleases and thank you's, for the palace workers, such treatment was something that they could never have dreamed of receiving from someone like a Candidate who also received instruction from Virion and Prime Candidate Alea.

Now, under normal circumstances, actions like these would just have garnered respect. However, due to Asher's adorable appearance and his cute child-like voice, such respect turned into adoration and fangirling. This was especially apparent in the maids' mental scape when Asher would thank them for giving him chocolate or treats.

It was no wonder why the entirety of the palace had a gloomy atmosphere.

However, this dejection wasn't limited to the staff. Even the very King and Queen of Elenoir were in low spirits along with Virion though, Virion was also sad due to another departure.

In any case, although Asher was a human, he had really grown on every resident of the palace during the 4 long yet short years that he had spent with them.

However, despite the overall negative air, there was still an excited buzz.

Asher was going to be representing the elves, after all.

**

Asher POV

"How do I look?"