The First Hurdle

A/N: It's late but it's here! The second chapter of the day!!

Gosh, today's chapters are so long. Well, I suppose that's my fault for writing too much.

Also, here's the long awaited action chapter! It's my first time writing this kind of thing so criticism and advice are more than welcome.

Anyways, happy reading :D

3rd Person POV

—BAM

The carriage was sent tumbling. It was only thanks to the carriage having been made by the best artificers of the elven kingdom that it didn't fall apart.

"Kyaaaak!"

"Aaaagh!"

The people in the carriage screamed in a panic as they bounced from wall to wall in the carriage like they were balls in a pinball machine.

However, amid the chaos, only two people kept their calm. They were Arthur Leywin and Asher Aureus. Despite them crashing against the walls of the carriage like everyone else, they enhanced their senses to try and grasp what had hit them.

Then, the second they spotted an opportunity, they blasted through the carriage door and deftly landed on the ground.

The second they landed, they turned their gazes up to see what exactly had toppled their carriage.

"Those are..."

Arthur quietly muttered under his breath.

"Taurillas"

Asher quickly answered.

The monsters were pretty much exactly what their name was. Taurus, which meant bull, and gorilla. In a way, they were kind of like a minotaur, but their bodies were closer to that of a gorilla, and they were lower ranked as they lacked the same intelligence.

"...But why are they grey?"

Indeed, usually, taurillas were either brown or black colored or something between but they were never such a dull grey color. Even the signature white pattern on their back, shaped like the Taurus constellation with the stars connected, was greyed out.

—ROUAAAAAAAA

The apparent herd leader roared, causing the rest of her underlings to do the same, thumping their chests.

Herd leaders were always the strongest and oldest female of the pack.

—Boom boom boom

"...Damn."

Arthur laughed dryly.

"That's intimidating."

"Amen."

Asher chuckled lightly.

"Left."

Asher was quick to make his claim.

"...Tch. Fine. Right."

Arthur was discontent that he had to take the boss, but he realized he was probably better suited to one versus one rather than one versus many.

'...Actually though. Why was that so natural?"

Arthur questioned why planning went so smoothly.

It felt like they were old time comrades who had experienced enough life-or-death situations that they could communicate almost telepathically.

'...But the only people that worked with was them."

Arthur couldn't help but glance at Asher's hooded form again.