To Our Next Meeting!

A/N: And welcome to the arc finale! 

I say finale but really, the last chapter is a far better finale. Think of this as epilogue one. The second chapter I'm uploading is epilogue two.

The whole time I was writing this chapter, I kept having a nagging feeling that this chapter was a bit underwhelming as a whole, so there's a double release! 

Anyways, I hope you enjoy.

Happy reading :D

[Two days later, award ceremony]

A duel was held the day before to determine third place. It was between Doradrea Oreguard and Feyrith Ivsaar. The victor was Doradrea, who, after spending the entire day before reading... "A Man's Guide to a Buff Bod: Now with Diagrams," and managed to somewhat recover her dignity, managed to beat out the elf.

Now, on the evening of the proceeding day, the award ceremony was being held. Rather than Ingesseum, however, the ceremony was taking place in a massive hall, the Helstea Auction House, to be exact. The house that recently had renovations was perhaps one of the only places in Xyrus that could handle the massive influx of people that would want to watch the ceremony. Plus, it gave the whole occasion a classier vibe.

After a long expository speech, the host, who managed to keep his job, got to the exciting part.

—Before we begin, let us commend the other brave souls that had the courage to partake in this grand symbol of a new age.

The other contestants who were sitting in various parts of the hall stood, and the audience members applauded.

—...And now we award the 3 greatest mages of our tournament.

As the applause died down and the contestants began sitting, the host spoke again, announcing the top three.

—In third place, after a long journey with twists and turns, Doradrea Oreguard the Golem of Terra!

The audience clapped politely, as was the custom for the auction house.

Doradrea stood up and walked to the podium rather stiffly with a tight expression. It seemed she was uncharacteristically nervous.

Dipping her head, she was crowned a bronze wreath from Alduin.

—In second place, with a flaming roar to the finish, Claire Bladeheart the Dancer of the Sun!

Claire stood and walked up, but unlike Doradrea, she exuded confidence and comfortableness. Compared to Doradrea, who had little to no experience with this sort of thing due to dwarven culture, Claire was used to being in front of many people. Particularly so due to her status as a daughter of house Bladeheart.

She dipped her head and was crowned a silver wreath from Dawsid.

—And finally, in first place, the dark horse turned victor, Asher Aureus the Angel of Death, Champion of Xyrus!

Asher, however, did not stand up. In fact, he wasn't even here. He actually hadn't been seen since two days ago and didn't show up today.

Whispers broke out among the audience.

—...Asher Aureus?

The host asked, with a face that was starting to get nervous.

Asher was the main character of the show, the tournament's champion. If he didn't show, it'd spell trouble.

But right about when Blaine decided he was going to say something...

—BAM

The auction hall's doors slammed open, and a boy in a familiar white cloak revealed himself.