The Crimson Prince of July

A/N: Happy reading :D

Arthur POV

I asked my parents and the Helsteas if we could go to the tournament. Luckily, they readily agreed, saying they had intended to go and would've gone if I hadn't shown up.

When we arrived, I was initially wowed by the stadium, or Ingesseum as it's called, but was disappointed by its size. It paled in comparison to the absolutely massive Arenas I used to fight in for Paragon Duels.

But rather than walking towards the bleachers like I expected, Vincent called us to come another way.

"This way, I got us special seats ;3"

I didn't really like the mischievous look that the guy had, but all suspicions were blown away when we arrived at the seats he was talking about.

We were in a VIP box.

As expected of a room that the royal families used, it was lavish to the point of almost being overwhelming.

Unlike the elegant simplicity of elvish architecture, it seemed that the purpose of human architecture was to make as extravagant and luscious of a room as possible. From the expensive décor, heavily decorated walls, clear mirrors (a surprising rarity in this world), and a massive golden chandelier that hung overhead, it was nothing but a room full of glam.

"I spent a pretty penny on this, so you guys better relax and enjoy."

We lightly laughed at Vincent's joking threat and broke off into our own little groups.

Dad and Vincent broke out a couple drinks, much to the dislike of their wives, while mom and Tabitha started chatting. Lilia and Ellie were playing that clapping game they were addicted to these past few days.

...

I suppose after all these years, it'd make sense I lacked a place.

I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but years of absence made the place I had in my family slowly disappear.

'Papa...'

Sylvie's voice comforted me. Though she couldn't say it, I could tell what she meant.

'...Thanks, Sylv.'

I thought back. Though I would've shuddered at the thought of her never leaving my side (I mean, that's bye bye happy time for me), the circumstances caused my heart to warm.

With a lighter heart, I walked over to the window and fixed my gaze on the hallway that Asher was supposed to come out of. Without much else to do, I began thinking.

He's somehow connected to my past life, and he certainly knew about me. There's no other way he would've known my old name if he wasn't and didn't after all. What I needed to confirm was whether I knew him or not.

...And whether if he was 'him' or not.

I missed my chance on the way back from Elenoir since I wasn't sure how to bring it up. But after he mentioned my name from my past life, Grey, I became certain he knew something—

"Arthur! Do you know the contestants for today?"

I jolted in surprise.

"Y-yes?"

My voice came out in a sputter.

My dad and Vincent looked at each other and laughed.

"Heh, you hardly remind me of the same kid who was fighting the Director Goodsky just a few days ago."

I glowered, making everyone laugh.

"Today's the finals—"

"The finals??"