The Opening Ceremony

A/N: So uh, sorry about not uploading yesterday. I had to study for like three tests...

...In any case, I managed to finish the chapter today so here it is.

Happy reading :D

3rd Person POV

Above, there was a separate platform that seemed in line with the upper rim of the monumental circular structure. Upon it was 7 thrones spaced apart. They were all extravagant thrones made of precious metals, shining and shimmering in the light of the midsummer's sun.

2 were made of gold, shaped like a lion's roaring head with a pair of Inferno Rubies for eyes. Another 2 were silver masses, like a mountain, a seat carved into its body with cyan gems decorating it. The final 3 thrones were shaped like a twisting tree. Its bronze branches and emerald vines intertwining together, twisting to the sky.

Dozens of knights were lined up at the foot of each throne. They were the Royal Knights of each Kingdom, serving the Kings under their respective names.

The knights of Sapin served under the name of the Order of the Golden Lion. All of them were dressed in elegant plate armor — which was made for ritual purposes — and adorned in a long, red cape.

The knights that served the Kingdom of Darv, the Knights of the Earthen Hearth, guarded the King of dwarves. They donned hardy, black armor that, with their stocky builds, made them seem like great black towers, like black rooks on a chessboard.

And finally, the knights of Elenoir, who fought under the banner of the Knights of the Sacred Branch. Unlike before, they were dressed in a white robe like armor, silvery white pauldrons, arm guards, plated boots, etc., decorating their bodies in various places.

They were the culmination of knights that had reached the level of at least the yellow core, and each one stood at the heights of strength that a typical person could dream of.

30 of these Royal Knights stood in their places, guarding their respective thrones.

The appearance of all the Royal Knights of all these different kingdoms in this one place could only represent one thing.

The Kings and the Queens, the royal families of the 3 great kingdoms, were about to appear.

—Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!

Dozens of flags were raised with the golden lion, the silver mountain, and the emerald tree threaded into them. They fluttered in the wind, and the thunderous sound of the drums resounded rhythmically throughout the now silent stadium.

Simultaneously, the thousands of spectators and the 90 contestants turned to the altar where the thrones were located.

"The rulers of the eastern plains and the eastern sea! Their Majesties, King, and Queen Glayder!! The lords of the southern mountains and the desert between! Their graces, King and Queen Greysunder!! The Sovereigns of the northern woods, the Elshire forest! Their serenities, King and Queen Eralith and his eminence, Virion Eralith!!!"

An official wearing white clothes and a narrow-brimmed hat shouted, and all the people of Ingesseum bowed down at the same time.

As the continuing reverberations of the drum shook the skies and the earth, a group of 7 people appeared on the platform, followed by a platoon of Royal Guards.

—Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!

In line with the people's coordinated steps, the halberds struck the ground as if creating a wave. The group's steps were steady, and they looked even grander amidst the salute of the Royal Guards.