Arias

A/N: I hope this chapter will blow you all away.

Arthur POV

I stared blankly at the carriage's disappearing form.

"What in the..."

I thought back to what my hooded companion had said.

—Then I'll tell you about Grey.

How did he know? Did Sylvia tell him? Was it just a coincidence?

I had a million questions going through my mind.

But, in the deep recesses of my mind... a thought I had been harboring but dared not think bubbled up.

Did he... reincarnate here too?

It was...

I looked back at the direction the carriage had disappeared in. It seemed that it had rounded a corner somewhere as I could no longer see it.

...The most probable explanation.

I bit my lower lip slightly.

I didn't want to or like to think about my past life. It wasn't that pleasant to even think about to begin with, and, more than anything, I was afraid.

Afraid that thinking of the past would make me lose the present.

"Kyu."

Sylvie rubbed against my leg as though to comfort me.

I smiled at my adorable bond and picked her up, placing her gently on my head.

"Huuuu."

I exhaled.

"Looks like I'll have to head to Elenoir then..."

I muttered as I began walking out of the alley.

**

Asher POV

It wasn't that I wasn't curious about it too.

I was.

It's just that I just had a hunch that he had things to deal with right now and that his potential past... no, his past life wasn't something that he had time for. In fact, I felt a little guilty dumping "I know about Grey" on him and running away.

"...Should I have just told him?"

I murmured quietly.

Although it was hard speculating here like this... I guess "desperate" was pushing it.

I never really felt the need to think about my past life much. I missed my friends, I really did, but...

The faces of Alea, Virion, the King and Queen, my fellow Candidates, and the palace servants popped into my head.

My eyes crinkled as I smiled.

...I guess I never felt lonely enough to feel like I needed them again.

"We have arrived at the Ingesseum! Please ready yourselves!"

The carriage driver announced.

The elves began gathering themselves, picking up jackets, robes, etc., and quickly began disembarking. I was the last to leave, and the sight that greeted me was... well, it didn't wow me like when I saw Xyrus.

It was probably because I was pretty used to the sight of a massive circular arena-like structure. As someone who managed to qualify for the King's Crown Competition and make it all the way to Etharia, I saw it all the time in my past life.