The Tower of Infinity (2)

"...Kinda bored."

"Mmm..."

Asher and Mica were sprawled out on the elevator's floor. While it certainly beat the ordeal of hopping down to the 1st floor and walking through tens if not hundreds of miles of staircase down to their destination, the elevator was, though quick, not fast enough to cover the extreme distance.

"Stop complaining, ya twerps."

Olfred muttered before returning to refining his core.

"...Yeah, not another word after dying your hair blond."

Alea pointed out.

Though Asher had regrown his hair over the course of the two years after he cut it from his Ascetic Ceremony, he had decided to dye it blond because...

"I needed to stick out less."

...Or that was what he claimed. The real reason was he spilled some dye onto his hair while he was making a potion and couldn't get it out, so he decided to just dye it.

"Ugh, whatever."

Asher fiddled with his tied-up blond hair and wondered how Alea managed to get it into such a perfect ponytail.

Currently, everybody was doing their best to pass the time as the entire elevator ride was supposed to take 7 or more hours.

Each floor was a dungeon of varying sizes, with some being larger than others, and there were 80 floors to descend through.

To say the very least... it was awkward.

The elevator itself wasn't very big, only being around 10 square meters, and these people were all together in the enclosed space—

"...Agh! Who farted!?"

Asher freaked out when an inevitable aroma entered his nose.

"You did."

"I know when gas escapes from betwixt my cheeks. It wasn't me!"

"Then who?"

"Mica thinks Olfred is looking suspicious."

"What? Me? Oh please, I have enough muscle control to make sure I don't fart in a closet like this."

"Closet!? How is this a closet?? And would someone do something about this smell!"

"You sure it wasn't you?"

"I swear on my life!"

"Hey! Stop shaking it!"

"The rope's gonna snap—!"

**

Asher POV

Floor 81

"I saw it."

"No way, the king of Sapin?"

"Yes."

"Getting stepped on by his wife?"

—UAAAAKKKK

"The man's a simp."

Unfortunately, the stink bomb that someone dropped didn't go away for a long while. We also almost snapped the supporting cables because we kept shaking the thing.

Only by some blessed miracle did we manage to make it all the way down to the bottom.

—KIIIIKKKKK

In any case, after spending time in the elevator together, we ended up growing somewhat closer, going from strangers to casual acquaintances. To celebrate, we decided to do an international pastime, aka gossiping.