Back Home

A/N: Happy reading :D

Asher POV

After some journeying, I arrived at the capital's front gates and waltzed in.

Too lazy to bother washing up or even report my return, I just flashed my Asceticism Journey seal that had changed from its previous dark jade hue to a grey color, indicating my journey was over, to the guard.

They saluted me and sent someone to the palace.

Sighing at the useless gesture, I bowed and began to walk through the streets.

It was... a foreign sight.

Though I wasn't the smartest, I wasn't a fool either. I was fully aware that I was being used and nurtured into a weapon for the elves. I didn't mind, though; it gave me something to do with my life.

And if it meant that I didn't need to see a face like that again...

Anyways, it was because of that, I had spent almost all my years isolated from the rest of the world and in the palace, training, so this scene was pretty much new.

The elves around me were giving me looks. That was to be expected, however.

Unlike the capital residents who were dressed pristinely, I was pretty disgusting. Smelling like the grey man's cave and covered in dirt and fecal matter, I probably looked like a dumpster in this country that prioritized cleanliness and sanitation.

"..."

Embarrassed, I unconsciously blushed and quickened my pace.

*

"Halt!"

"?"

After making my way to the palace gate, a Royal Knight stopped me.

"Yes?"

Then, a plant grabbed me by the ankle, flipping me and holding upside down in the air.

"You're faced with a criminal charge."

"Huh?"

"For being too utterly disgusting..."

I was slowly lifted higher into the air, still unable to process what was happening.

"...You are sentenced to a moating!"

...A moating?

I stopped to think about it, and then I recalled an old tradition.

Oh, shi—

"Wai—!"

But before I could finish, I was chucked into the moat. I blinked a couple of times in the water, processing what had just happened.

"...!"

Swimming up to the surface, I burst out and yelled.

"Oi! What was that for...!"

The Royal Knight took off their helmet, revealing a familiar face that I had to admit I missed quite a lot.

"...Alea!?"

She chuckled as she extended a vine.

"Sorry, sorry."

Smiling and glaring, I took hold of the plant and clambered up. Making my way up to the top,

"But really, you smell seriously bad."

I sighed.

"I know, I know. Where's the shower."