Chapter 09

I made a breakfast tray (or should I say, lunch tray) with whatever I could find in Taehyung's fridge. There were only some bread and eggs and I did what I can. I carried the tray upstairs with a cup of coffee for Taehyung.

Taehyung was still keeping the pillow over his face and he was breathing heavily.

Is he asleep ...

''Taehyung?'' I say.

He didn't respond. ''Taehyung?'' I said a little louder.

He peeked over the pillow and looked at me, then he looked that the tray I was holding. He sat up and ran his hand over his hair. His eyes still seem heavy with sleep.

I kept the tray on his bed and sat down beside him, on the ground. I looked at him with concern. ''Are you fine?''

Taehyung took the tray and started eating. ''What do you mean?'' he said in between.

''You look like you haven't slept whole night''. Taehyung just shrugged.

While Taehyung ate, I took out my books and went through facts which would be useful for our work. We have to give in our project for Life sciences tomorrow and I don't want to mess up everything again.

''You are such a brainstromer, aren't you Lee Jia Mee?'' Taehyung said suddenly. He had finished eating and now came to sit beside me on the ground.

I gulped and moved a little farther away from him. ''I can say the same for you''

Taehyung raised an eyebrow at me. ''Me? I'm simply a person who study because I have to but YOU always have a book on your nose''

I frowned. ''Well, yeah ... I can't spend the rest of my life relying on my parents, I have to make an income and live''

Taehyung just stared at me with an expressionless face and took my book out of my hand.

''Let's start then ...'' Taehyung said.

-----------------------------------------

''What the hell, how much longer should we do this?'' Taehyung said groaning. Taehyung was sitting crossed legged leaning against his bed, writing down ideas and possibilities for our work.

I was writing my own ideas and his ideas in my notebook, so I can write them neatly into papers later. We both have been working for the last two hours. When were out of ideas, we remain silent until both of us start screaming everything on our head.

''DNA predict how much long human live! According to the genetic theory of aging it literally says so!'' I say.

'''THEN HOW ON EARTH CAN SOME DIE AT YOUNG AGE AND SOME EVEN GET YOUNGER LOOKS WHEN THEY BECOME OLD AND SOME GET OLDER LOOKS WHEN THEY ARE YOUNG, HOW CAN THIS BE POSSIBLY RELATED?'' Taehyung say loudly like he is talking to a huge crowd.

''It's not my problem you look like a eighty old grandpa, tell that to your DNA, I'm saying what is said so in the book''

''Who the hell told I look like an eighty year old granpa to you? Yoongi? Jin?'' Taehyung asked in a serious tone.

''That's not the point, CAN'T YOU JUST UNDERSTAND WHAT I SAY!''

''NO, I DON'T LOOK LIKE A GRANDPA SO I DON'T UNDERSTAND'' He said laughing.

''YAH Kim Taehyung!''

I was tired as well, Life Sciences was hard to understand and with Taehyung, it was harder but I wanted to finish our work, I wanted a good result.