Chapter 30

JIA MEE POV

There was a man in black from head to toe, only his face bare. He had a nondescript face. There were two other men beside him.

He smirked at us and it was horrible to look. ''The girl is finally awake I see''. He gestured towards one of his men. The other man nodded and came towards me.

Before I could do anything, he jerked me upright by my hair and I felt something harshly prickle against my neck. A butterfly knife.

Taehyung was incredibly still and quiet.

''Now boy, seems like you have less options now'' the man in black gabbed.

He walked towards Taehyung, who was still sitting on the ground and looking at the man with absolute loathing. The man kneeled infront of him, his face still twisted in a smirk.

''Do you want your girl to die or just live your live without any hurt?''

''Don't you dare touch her Kangdo'' spat Taehyung.

Kangdo laughed. ''Is that so? Well ...'' he looked towards me and back at Taehyung. ''I'll let her go if you would agree. Help me and she will be unharmed''

''I can't trust you'' Taehyung said.

''I stand by my word, pretty boy. You are the reason she is here. It's your own fault. I tried in good way to get you to help me'' Kangdo shrugged as-a-matter-of-fact way.

''But now ...since you were such a stubborn little kid, I had to try other ways. Do you want me to recall them?'' He counted with his fingers as he spoke. ''First kidnapping you, then tried to starve you for the last two days, then tried with some beating'' Kandgo shook his head. ''None of them worked''

Taehyung laughed. ''So you thought bringing a girl here can change my mind?'' but his voice wavered.

''Tsk, tsk, tsk, not just a girl. She seems to be a pretty big deal for you''

Taehyung kept silent this time.

''So now ...will you change your mind is assisting me? Or else ...'' Kangdo snapped at him.

I was really scared. Kangdo was looking at Taehyung like he could knock him out any time. And the knife at my throat wasn't helping either.

Taehyung was biting his lower lip so hard, I could see blood starting to whelm up from his lip. I have never seen Taehyung so furious.

''I need time to think about it'' Taehyung said at last.

Kangdo stood up with an ugly frown. ''What did you say?''

Taehyung gaze was clear and steady. ''Tommorow evening. I'll give you my word''

''You better'' and with that Kangdo kicked Taehyung hard in the chest. Taehyung fell to the ground, groaning. I fought the urge to not to scream.

Kangdo looked at me. ''You better persuade him to get on his right mind'' He gestured to the man holding me to move away. I was washed with relief as I saw them leave. The door closed with a bang and I heard them locking it from the other side.

But my relief was drowned in a second as I saw Taehyung, still on the ground.

''Taehyung!'' I screamed and sat on the ground beside him, trying to haul him upright.

''Easy girl, I'm not dead. Just thinking how idiotic that bastard is'' Taehyung said as he sat up. He winced clutching at his chest. There was a bruise on his lower lip where he has bitten, his cheeks flushed with fever.

''Are you okay? You don't look so good –''

''Wha? Are you saying I'm not handsome?!'' Taehyung exclaimed.

My raised my eyebrows at him. ''That guy was right, you should definitely be out of mind''

Taehyung shrugged.

I sat straight against the wall, thinking how on earth I ended up in a situation like this. Taehyung was silent beside me. I just stared into nothing, letting the sound of Taehyung's steady breathing calm me down.

A/N:

Alexa play SAVE ME