Chapter 16

Y/N POV:

As I sat there in the staff lounge drinking a cup of coffee, I thought about the dream with Yoongi. I hadn't expected him to apologize like he did or admit that he had reacted out of jealousy. To know he was serious about me being his soulmate made my heart flutter in happiness, but I couldn't help but feel guilty about my time with Carlos. I had tried to justify the whole thing, tried to convince myself that I wasn't really being unfaithful since I hadn't met my soulmate, but part of me knew it wasn't true. Yoongi was my soulmate and I knew it.

Thinking of Yoongi and soulmates made me think of the guy in the mirror, the handsome idol from the concert. Was he... was he really my soulmate or was it just all the excitement from the concert going to my head? What about the three stars on my shoulder? I had put my information into the International Soulmate Registry, but I was too nervous to check it yet, too nervous to learn who they were, find out if they were even interested in getting to know me. How would I tell Yoongi that there was another, possibly two more? He had already been so jealous about the thing with Carlos so how would he feel about having to share his soulmate?

Leaning back in the chair, I draped a hand over my face, rubbing my tired eyes. The shift so far had been long and grueling. A train derailed and we were dealing with the injuries coming from it. We've had three casualties and have been lucky so far to not end up with more. After almost eight hours of nonstop moving, the ER doctor overseeing the shift demanded we take a ten-minute coffee break to pull ourselves together. Knowing I had four more hours to go, I was grateful for the break.

Right now the staff lounge was quiet and normally I would be grateful for the silence, but this time it was different. This time I was left alone with my thoughts, left alone to think about everything going on, left alone to wonder what to do next. So now? Now I hated the silence. Quiet means no distractions. Quiet means too much time to think. Quiet means my thoughts want to overrun me without giving me a chance to breathe and take it all in.

A hand on my shoulder had me lifting up my arm and peeling one eye open. "You good amiga?" Arely was standing next to me, the same look of exhaustion visible on her face, in her dark eyes.

I shrugged and Arely eyed me strangely. Sometimes I think the girl knew me better than I knew myself and it was scary just how well she did know me. She knew when I was sad, knew when something was on my mind, and just like now, knew when I was trying to distract myself from something else.

"Don't lie to me. I can see that something is on your mind, so habla." Arely's voice was stern and for a moment I wanted to brush off the question, but the set of her lips in that familiar tight line and the position of her slim hands on her full hips told me to not even think about it.

Sighing, I looked around to make sure there was no one around, no one to hear about my situation. "Remember... remember the dream I was having about someone and you thought it might be my soulmate?" Arely nodded and I continued. "Um... I kind of found out that it is."

"Say what now?" Arely's eyes were wide with shock. "You... you've seen him again?"

I nodded. "Yeah. I've dreamed about him a couple of times now. I found out his name, but not where he lives." I hesitated and Arely knew something was up.

Moving closer to me, she pulled out a chair and reached for my hand. "Why do you not sound happy amiga? Que pasa?"

I relayed the dreams to Arely, beginning with the first, continuing through the dream where Yoongi had called me a whore and finally the last one, where he apologized to me. I could see the range of emotions cross her face: surprise, excitement, fury, and a little bit of sadness when I told her about my soulmate apologizing.