Chapter 26

Namjoon POV:

After leaving the restaurant, after saying goodbye to my soulmate yesterday, I had gone back to the hotel to try and call Amiah, but there had been no answer and she never returned my call. I needed to end the relationship with her, knowing I had found my soulmate. I had been hesitant to just walk away from my relationship with Amiah but after feeling the connection between myself and Y/N, I knew who I was supposed to be with. I could feel it all the way down in my soul, in my heart, my mind, everything.

When Jimin, Hoseok, and Yoongi had come back from the date with Y/N yesterday, they had been full of happiness and full of excitement, having nothing but good things to say about our soulmate and their experience at the zoo. Jimin's eyes were full of adoration as he explained what had happened early in the day. Apparently the guys were arguing about what animal to see first and instead of giving them looks of annoyance and disgust, Y/N had just laughed, calming them down with a sweet, soft smile and an easy compromise. The reaction had been so different from the way Mi-suk and Amiah had reacted around them that it had made an immediate impression.

Today we had made plans to just hang out with our soulmate. She was going to come to the hotel and we were going to order in takeout and just spend more time getting to know her. We would have liked to take her on a date, but it was so hard to figure it out considering our worldwide popularity. The last thing we needed was sasaengs figuring out who she was and where she lived. Over the years it had gotten better, but there were still the fans that had not figured out that we were real people and not puppets, puppets that were there to do their bidding.

Sitting on the edge of my bed, I pulled out my phone. I had tried calling Amiah again yesterday, but there was still no answer. I opened up her contact information but before I could, the phone rang in my hand, displaying the name of the woman I needed to speak to. I answered it in a hurry with a breathless "hello?"

"Joon? It's... it's me." Amiah's voice sounded nervous and I felt a flash of worry.

"Amiah? Is... is everything okay?" Although I didn't want to be in a relationship with her anymore, she had been my friend before we started dating and now she was a friend I was worried about.

Amiah laughed, a dry sound I wasn't used to. "Um... I guess you could say that. I met... I met my soulmate." Stunned into silence, the words hung in the air between us. "Joon? Are... are you still there?"

"Yeah yeah. I'm still here. I just... I just wasn't expecting that." Underneath the nervousness, I could hear the underlying excitement and knew she was happy about this.

"I... I know and I'm sorry, but... but I met him and I felt... felt the connection. I have... I have to see where this could go." I could hear the unspoken pleas in her voice, begging me to understand.

I hesitated then decided to come clean, knowing I owed her the honesty that she gave me. "Um... that's actually why I was trying to call you. I met... I met my soulmate too."

In an instant, I could feel the tension between us fade and in its place was a comfortableness that existed between friends. "Oh Joon! I'm so happy for you! How did you meet her? Tell me all about her." The sincerity in Amiah's voice touched my heart and I felt the kindness flow through the line.

Laughing at her response, I felt a sense of relief. "No. You first."

Amiah sighed, the soft sound filled with happiness. "Um... I have a mark and I put my name in the Soulmate Registry. His name is... his name is Armani Piazzo and he lives... lives in Rome."

"Rome, Italy? Holy shit, Amiah. What are you going to do?" Amiah had already emigrated from the Philippines to Korea so now I was wondering if she was going to uproot her life once again.