Chapter 46

Jin POV:

"What do you think about this table arrangement?"  Mi-suk pointed to the photo on her phone and I wanted to scream out in frustration, chuck the phone across the room and run as far away as possible.  This was the fifteenth table arrangement I had looked at in the past hour and I was so completely done by now that I was surprised no one else had noticed my shitty mood, my reluctance to be at this dinner, pretending I gave an actual damn about everything happening in front of me.

"It's nice."  I repeated the same phrase I had said for the last fifteen, but I knew she wasn't really paying attention to my opinion.  Regardless of what I said, I knew she was going to choose the one she wanted.  Probably something ostentatious and way too gaudy.  It would fit perfectly with everything else she had chosen so far.

Mi-suk nodded absently then showed the photo to her mother.  "I like this one, but I don't like the color of the roses.  I want them white."

"But they are white."  The voice of Bong Cha, Mi-suk's mother, was confused and I could tell she was wondering the same thing I was. 

Mi-suk let out an irritated huff.  "Momma.  This is the same problem that we had with the flowers in the bouquet and the napkins.  I want the bright white, not this dull one.  I don't like that one."

Bong Cha sighed.  "I'm sure the florist can get the colors you want."  Turning to me, Bong Cha gave me a small smile.  "Do you like this one Seokjin?"

"It's very nice."  I knew my voice came out flat, but I couldn't help it.  Of all the things I could be doing at this particular moment, looking at table arrangements was not what I wanted to do.  I wanted to be with the rest of my members, eating greasy street food and drinking too many beers.  I wanted to watch Jimin and Hoseok engage in yet another dance battle and Namjoon break a plate or glass.  I wanted to watch Jungkook and Taehyung argue over what video game to play and make sure Yoongi was covered up since I knew he would be asleep.  But most of all, I wanted to hold my soulmate, beg her to take me away from this all, beg her to let me in and let me love her.

From across the table, I could see my mother eyeing me strangely, but I brushed it off.  She had been acting strange since meeting Y/N and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out what was going on.  Unfortunately, her behavior wasn't the only odd one. 

My fiancé had been acting strange since we returned to Seoul from the tour.  She had been receiving phone calls from numbers I didn't recognize and would leave the room to answer them.  I didn't think she was being unfaithful because her behavior didn't indicate that, but I knew it was something, something that made me uneasy.

The rest of the meal passed quickly, mostly in part to the fact that I had zoned out for most of it, only giving noncommittal responses and head nods since I knew that was expected of me. Mi-suk clearly didn't care about my feelings on any wedding related item and I had to admit I was happy about it.  It really wasn't something I cared about and it wasn't important enough for me to even worry about.

After saying goodbye to Mi-suk's parents and ensuring my mother I was alright, I held open the passenger side door of my car for Mi-suk, waited for her to take her sweet time entering then closed the door.  I moved around to the other side, enjoying the momentary peace and quiet I would get before entering the car.  I slid behind the wheel, started the car, and exited the parking lot.  Mi-suk was quiet again and, as I turned towards the direction of my apartment, I wondered what the hell was going on.

"Is everything alright?"  Mi-suk's attention was focused out the window, but she turned to me quickly, pasting a smile on her face.

"I'm fine.  I was thinking about that table arrangement I picked out.  I am definitely going to go with that one, but I need to talk to the florist about the colors of the flowers.  I really don't like them."  Mi-suk's words continued as she talked about the meal she wanted to serve during the reception since she had insisted on having an elaborate western style wedding.