Chapter 21

Y/N POV:

"Ohh... this is it carina!" Arely's voice was excited as the awards show began, her hand squeezing mine tightly. We had watched the red carpet entrance and I was stunned at how handsome my three soulmates looked. They were in sleek black suits, their hair styled away from their handsome faces. The interviews on the red carpet were laced with dumb questions and I could see the slight irritation on their faces, but they were able to hide it well, behaving like the professionals I had noticed they were. "Wow amiga. Your soulmates son perras sexy!"

Laughing out loud, I pinched Arely's arm. "You did not just call my soulmates sexy bitches! You're ridiculous!" This was one of the reasons I adored Arely so much. The woman had absolutely no filter and always said exactly what came to mind, regardless of what other people might think. She was bold and brave, outspoken and outgoing. So different from me that I was surprised we had meshed so well together, but it was true what they say about opposites attracting. "But damn! You are right! They are sexy as hell!" Whenever the camera panned over them, I couldn't stop the feeling of happiness, mixed with a little bit of arousal, at the sexy men that were my soulmates.

"I just wish the interviews would have gone better. When are reporters going to finally ask them questions that make sense, questions that mean something? I swear if one more person asks them who their celebrity crush is, I'm going to kick some un poco de culo." Arely's eyes were narrowed as she focused on the show and I could see she was just as irritated as my soulmates were. "You would think that being together for ten years would have proved their seriousness, their longevity by now. But noooo! Some people still insist on treating them like another boy band who is going to fade away soon."

Knowing Arely was right, I nodded my head, taking a bite of my tamale. As promised, Arely had brought tamales with her for dinner and we had been snacking on them all evening and I should have been stuffed by now but they were just too damn good. The spicy meat was perfectly cooked and I reminded myself to hug Arely's mom extra tight the next time I saw her. "Do they always ask them stupid questions?"

Arely nodded. "Every single time."

Turning my attention back to the television, I grinned when I saw Jimmy Fallon beginning his speech. He was one of my favorite talk show hosts and I watched his show whenever I could. He was funny and made me laugh. Arely had me watch old clips of BTS on their show and it was obvious that Jimmy Fallon had a man crush on one of my soulmates. It was hilarious to watch him fawn over Jimin and I wondered if I would be the same way when I met him.

A cloying scent filled the air and I scrunched up my nose then turned to look at Arely. "Did you spray perfume?"

Arely shook her head and held up her hands. "Whatcha talking about carina? I don't have..." Arely's eyes widened and she dug her phone out of her pocket. "Oh no. Oh no. ¡Tienes que estar bromeando! ¿Existe realmente otro?"

Squeezing her hand, I tried to direct her attention back to me. "English please!" Arely held up a finger to me, her eyes studying her phone.

"Look at this. I should have thought about this before. This is the second time you've done this." I looked at her in confusion and she sighed. "The smells amiga. The smells. You smelling shit that isn't here. It's a soulmate symptom."

The words soulmate symptom rang in my head. "W-what do you m-mean?"

Arely set her phone down on the table then turned to me, taking my hands, her eyes serious. "Listen to me carefully. I think you have another soulmate. I overheard someone at the hospital mentioning that they were smelling stuff that wasn't there. It... it's a soulmate symptom. Don't you remember you were asking me if I was eating mint gum? You're experiencing another soulmate symptom love."