Chapter 𝟡 - Suit Up

"Howard, what name would you give our kid?"

"Wow gorgeous, you're thinking about kids already? I mean, I don't mind if you don't-"

"Howard!"

"Alright, if it was a boy, maybe Anthony, if it was a girl- I have no idea."

"Why Anthony?"

"What, you don't like it?"

"It's not that, I'm just curious."

"I don't know, it just seems like it would fit him."

"I agree." Howard and I were heading into the base. He had prepared gear for an out mission to capture Dr. Armin Zola, a notable head of Hydra.

"Tina, when I say you're going to love your suit, your gonna love it!"

"Can't wait," We entered the lab, other scientists were hard at work.

"Honey, I'd love to stay and chat but, I have work to do."

"Alright, I'll see you later?"

"See you later, love you." Howard kissed my temples before walking off. I had heard the sound of heels behind me.

I turned around to see the infamous, Peggy Carter.

She looked at my left hand. "Congrats again Tina." Everyone except Steve and Bucky knew me and Howard were going to 'tie the knot.' But the boys had been too busy, I know that I should've told them first but, I could never get a hold of them.

"Thanks, Peg, what's our job today."

"Glad you asked," She handed me a file. "Your specialty. We need to gather more intel on Zola."

I opened the file to see it filled with information and photos of the scientist.

"Classic evil henchman. I got this."

"I know you do now, lets get to work."

—♫—
I was walking around the base, analyzing the file on Zola and the intel I managed to dig upon him. I then walked into Howard's lab to check on him, couldn't let the man I'd fallen for hurt himself or go too far with his inventions or...something.

"Howard-" Before I knew it, Howard was blown back, the glass panes on a machine he was using shattered. He slowly got up.

"Write that down." He said, disorientated. I ran over to him and bent down.

"Good gracious! Are you alright?"

"I'll be...fine."He laid back down.

"What am I going to do with you?"

—♫—
"Fondue is just cheese and bread, my friend." I heard Howard said as he and Steve entered the restrictive area. Captain America had just arrived a few minutes ago.

"Really? I didn't think..."

"Nor should you, pal. The moment you think you know what's going on in a woman's head is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked. Me, I concentrate on work, which at the moment, is about making sure you and your men do not get killed."

"That's also my job." I looked down at the items that Howard had made including, the array of shields.

"And that's also her job anyway, carbon polymer. Should withstand your average German bayonet. Although Hydra's not going to attack you with a pocket knife." Howard patted Steve's old shield. "I hear you're kind of attached."