Chapter 𝟜𝟚 - A Job For An Agent

I'd say, at this time in my life. It had been a while since I had to storm a building with fellow agents or bust through a window.

But that was just how unpredictable this job got.

I was positioned on top of a roof with a black catsuit and a bag over my shoulder. I was attached to a rope line. I wore my earpiece as I did earlier that was connected to Tony and Mr. Jarvis. Earlier, I had visited the Stark household to mentor Grace Jarvis who was getting the hang of being a Vessel. Healing came easy to her but her combat was something she would have to work on.

From there, it got late and I went over to my hotel room to grab what I needed for what I had to do. Then, I surveyed the apartment before Amelia had gotten home. I hadn't done this in a while so, I made sure I was thorough in my inspection.

Tony had gotten dressed up in some designer suit and had Mr. Jarvis drive him to Amelia's apartment. From there, once he got her talking, I'd sneak through a window that was in the bathroom when Tony opened it. Sneaking past the two, I could plant a few listening bugs and search around for any evidence.

"Miss Harding, Mr. Stark has left my vehicle and is now proceeding upstairs with Miss Carmen." I heard Jarvis through the earpiece.

"Thank you, Mr. Jarvis, I'll radio you when needed."

"Very well, do know I don't mind if I'm needed for some...spy work."

I smiled to myself. "I'll be sure to let you know." I heard a small click as I tapped my earpiece to switch to the line Tony was on. I heard his voice on the tiny microphone that was part of the device.

"Nice place you got here. Is that couch custom made?"

I heard Amelia laugh. "Yes, but I don't think my house is as pretty as yours. I got seafood flown in from Maine. Hope you like seafood pasta."

"Seafood pasta...great yum." I heard shuffling as it sounded like the two had sat down at a table. "Hey um, where's your bathroom? Just wanna wash my hands."

"Oh, it's down that hallway, second door to the left."

"Thanks." Tony's feet made their way over to the bathroom, that was my cue. I started to lower down my rope and made my way down to the 20th floor of the building, on the left side. There was a large window, good enough for me to fit through.

I saw Tony through the open window and he gestured for me to come in. I used the rope to drop myself into the bathroom.

"Keep her busy Tony, I'll give you the signal to bail. Simple."

"Alright got it, I'll try and get more out of her." Tony opened the bathroom door and he exited, he made sure to make his footsteps louder to cover mine. But, before I left, I placed a bug on the back of the toilet, where nobody would find it.

I continued to each room in the house as I listened to the conversation that Tony and Amelia were having. Amelia was more into the conversation than Tony was.

"So Tony... how're your parents?"

"They're fine, how about yours?"

"On vacation in Bora Bora, so I assume they're great. We should go there! Together..." I watched as she gave him low eyes, it was like Tony's soul left his body at that very moment.

"I don't know I can get pretty busy but, since we're on the topic of—family. I'm sure you have more interesting stories about your uncle."

"Oh him...he didn't want in on the family business. It would've been easier, faster. But he wanted to work hard and didn't want to be near us." She put her hand on Tony's. "Let's change the subject."