Chapter 𝟛𝟚 - Not Quite Out Of Luck

Just when I thought, I was doing so good, everything went the opposite of my plan.

You see, I was planning to take Henry back to shield, let him have his little evil monologue, get back to the Cove, finally put on that damn diadem, defeat the council then—make it back into time to help Tony with his new invention.

But of course, that went down the drain when I realized where I was.

My headache was splitting and my vision was dark but, I could recognize that I was in a pod. One much like the one I woke up in at the Cove. The mixture of red wine and saltwater surrounded me again. The scent was overpowering, the mixture was not balanced.

Then I remembered who had probably brought me here, Violet and Henry.

Those two were in for it when I got out of here. Especially since this would impose on the promise I made to Tony, I knew he'd be highly upset and I was even more upset that I couldn't fulfill my promise to the boy.

My sight slowly came back to me as someone tapped on the glass covering of the pod. The face of pure wickedness who I once considered my friend looked down at me. Violet gave me a twisted smile like she enjoyed the state I was in.

I tried to raise my hand to her but it just dropped right back down to my side, the effects of the sedative were no joke.

Next, the mixture in the pod started to drain, and the pod started to raise vertically as if I was in some sort of display case. The glass covering sild open, Violet stood there with a folder in her hands.

"Had a good nap? Your ex-boy toy invented it, that was enough to put down a rhino."

"What is wrong with you Violet?" My voice carried much malice.

"Nothing Tina, this is all in the name of science, discovery. You should be honored."

"Honored? You have some nerve." I tried to raise my arm once again but this time, it was held in place by the restraints the pod produced. "What is this even about?"

"Oh, you know good and well what this is about." She opened up the folder. "I've had some of your friends tell me about you, trying to expose the others like you."

I groaned. She was talking about the council, I had been warned by both Mileena and Adrienne and somehow I didn't think this would happen, but it did.

"Plus, I got into your gal pal's personal files. The dear director has most of the files on you redacted. No fun—but I have learned enough." She walked closer to me. "I know you've lived well and don't age, I know about your best friends, Stark, your role in creating super-soldiers, hell I know about your mother and—" She pulled a photo out, it was a photo of a metal arm, one with a red star increased in a block of ice. "Oh look! I even know who attacked you."

My face contoured in anger, from her smug remarks, and satisfied tone. And I felt my body burning, there was a blood rush to my head and I tried once again to raise my hand—nothing. Then I tried to channel my abilities, also nothing. I made one last attempt to employ my strength to get out of these restraints but nothing budged.

Violet observed me. "While you're trying so hard to get out let me explain a few things. Your friends told me they'd take care of your...abilities. Must be tough, to be triple-crossed that is."

The diadem...It made sense now.

I understood why my mother's body aged so slightly, why Adrienne said the diadem held the key to everything. The only thing I could do now was try to question Violet and use whatever skill I had to get out of this mess.

"...My mother, you sure worked up the nerve with me today huh?" It wasn't hard to get Violet to talk, sometimes she was so into herself, into the fact that she was able to catch me. All I had to remember was that she was a shield agent and might pick up on what I was doing.

"I know she was double-crossed by your friends and brought to Hydra but hey, isn't much of my business."

There she was, airing what I needed to know. She wanted to see me mad and I made sure she did, it was the only way to get more information out of her. The news she had to give to me was surprising, of course, angering too but I still kept together. I needed to so no one faced the same fate as my mother.

"And...I may have been playing dumb this whole time about who attacked you. I know who it was." She grinned. "If only you knew."

I put back on a serene demeanor though I still felt like ripping her to shreds. The disappointed look on her face would be enough for now.

I calmly spoke. "You couldn't stop running your big mouth. I think you forgot about my reputation for getting answers." It was my turn to smile now. "By the way, where's that fiancé of yours? The one who'd rather marry me instead?"

Her jaw locked, stare darkened, and that once sure-of-herself behavior faded. "Since you want to be funny, I'll be taking some more blood samples from you, then we'll see who'll be smiling."

"Still me." I broke her facade of confidence, it was slowly crumbling and I referenced what I thought this was all about. "You've referenced Project Rebirth and I assume you've read every single one of Peggy's files—I'll tell you one thing, the only scientist that will ever recreate that is dead."

The glass cover closed and the pod was brought back down to the ground once again. In my side-view, I saw Violet walking away—her heels clicked against the floor, harshly to the point where it almost sounded like she was wearing fifty-pound boots. I succeeded in pissing her off.

Now, my only focus was to get out of this place and maybe get some information on this lovely establishment too.

                                        —♫—
A man dressed in a white lab coat lowered my pod back down after taking more of my blood, he did it pretty quickly without saying anything to me. Rude.

But this was an opportunity that I didn't dare to waste. I slipped the ring Howard had given me off my finger, surprised to see that they didn't take it off of me, then I jammed it in between the glass cover to stop it from fully closing. Waiting till the man closed the door behind me, I pushed the cover to the side, slipping the ring back on my finger. Now to get rid of the restraints.

I looked down to see that I still had my belt on, great. I pulled something from my belt—it was a thread-like wire which could heat up to extreme temperatures to cut things like metal. It was called the hot wire, pun intended.

I molded it to fit the position I was in and started to cut off the restraints on my hand, arms, and legs. Then, I was finally free, a little hope had restored some of my strength, but the strength wasn't because of my abilities.

I slowly got out of the pod, drops of the wine and saltwater mixture dripped off my clothes and the few strands of hair that weren't clipped back.

There was barely anything in the room I was in beside the pod and the door that separated me from the rest of whatever building I was in.

Somehow, I was gonna find a way to get out—and that's what I did.

𝙰/𝙽: 𝙷𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍, 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚙𝚜 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚏 𝙰𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙲𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎.