Chapter 𝟚𝟜 - A New Face

Peggy and I stood in front of the familiar mansion that belonged to Howard and Maria. By now, I had figured that I would be seeing a new face around soon—their child was probably running around the house. As I stood there, I wondered what they'd look like or what their name would be, I was never told if they were having a boy or girl.

"Well, doesn't this feel like we've done this before?" Peggy asked knowingly.

"It does. The difference is we're here for a different purpose." I smiled slightly to myself which was odd considering my first memory here. Though, sometimes you just have to smile.

"Right you are now, let's see if he's here." Peggy rang the doorbell once and we heard footsteps coming towards the door. I started to prepare myself yet again, breathing deeply.

Soon enough, the door was opened by no other than Howard who stared at Peggy with an arched eyebrow. He had also gotten older and gained a few forehead lines and wrinkles. His brown hair was safe from greying however, it was obvious that factor would change soon.

"Peg? We weren't supposed to meet till next Tuesday—" He stopped once he spotted me, looking just like I did a few years ago. "Tina...you're back."

I slightly nodded. "I did say you'd be seeing me soon right?"

Howard's face lit up in amusement. "Nice to see you again." I wasn't sure if he thought I'd leave for a long time yet again and was proven wrong, it did seem like that way because for a moment, his eyes showed some sort of relief. "Don't just stand there, come in." Howard retreated into the house while Peggy and I followed.

The mansion had a homely feel to it but, it didn't change much from the last time I walked these floors. As I looked around, I didn't see any sign of Maria or the Jarvis'.

Howard seemed to read my thoughts as he spoke.  "Maria is out running errands and the Jarvis' are on vacation." He laughed. "They needed a break, helping raise Tony is hard work."

As soon as I heard the name of Howard's child I immediately turned to face him. I saw the man gulp, realizing what I was looking at him for. Peggy was just confused.

"Uh, are you two alright?" She asked.

"Perfectly fine Peg." Howard focussed his gaze on something else.

"Nothing's wrong." She gave us an odd look. Truthfully, something was wrong—or maybe more shocking. When Howard and I were together we did discuss starting a family.

We came up with names...one of those being the name Tony. I guess he went through with it after all.

"Since there isn't anything wrong. We must speak with you about something Howard."

"Starting a new mystery already? Well then, come to my office." Howard looked at me one last time to see my face, which was blank, one last time before heading up the stairs. Knowing him, I knew he would bring this up later when Peggy isn't around.

Once we all got upstairs, Howard opened the door for us and we sat down at the two chairs close to his desk while he sat at his chair.

"Tell me what's the problem."

I sighed. "There's a lot to unpack so, I'll start with. The simple stuff. You—remember what I told you, Howard? About how I'm still alive?"

Howard slowly nodded. "The Cove."

"Somethings not right in there."

Both Peggy and Howard became concerned. Peggy asked. "You didn't mention this before."

"Everything seemed fine before but now... it's complicated." I looked at a photo on Howard's desk. It was a picture of him, holding his son. "One of the other women at the Cove, she looked scared. Couldn't even talk and when she did, it was like she was in pain."