Chapter 𝟛𝟟 - Dinner Time!

As Jarvis drove me, we spoke about everything. I had missed a lot as I expected but mainly he was trying to get my mind off of Tony being upset with me.

I didn't like that and I wasn't planning on that factor staying for long.

Apparently, over the years Tony and Howard had grown cold towards each other, they were distant and didn't even act like father and son. Maria tried her best to keep them talking but it always resulted in an argument.

My surprise at this was immense, Howard never seemed to be that type of person so what changed? Deep down within myself, I knew what it was, he only wanted the best for his son.

I know how that sounds and that doesn't justify anything but Howard, knew how it felt to be poor, and he was aware of all the mistakes he made in his youth. He wanted Tony to be better than him except, he didn't do it in the right way.

"Mr. Jarvis?"

"Yes, Christina?"

"I suppose that Tony still doesn't know what my true identity is?"

"...Mr. Stark has never told him, and I don't think he'll ever try to."

The car was silent for a moment. Those times when Steve and...Bucky were still alive, and these times were not as painful for everyone anymore.

"Tina, may I ask you something personal?" Mr. Jarvis didn't look to face me as he spoke.

"Go ahead."

"Why did you give him that letter?"

I looked down, I didn't expect that question at all. "I didn't want to leave him with nothing. My people needed me—I didn't know if I'd be standing after the fight that I went through. Hell, even now Mr. Jarvis, my abilities don't work as they used to. Taking this mission will be me trying to make it up to him."

He simply sat in the driver's seat and listened not saying a word. He just took in what I had to say and let himself analyze it.

For the rest of the car ride, it was quiet and we got to a fancy-looking seafood restaurant called "The Pearl", this was where I'd meet all the girls.

Jarvis stepped out of the car and opened my door for me. I thanked him as I walked to the front door of the restaurant.

"I'll be back when I need to be." I titled my head at his words. That was cryptic but, that is how Jarvis was at times. He liked the adventure.

I became a little nervous as I first stepped into the place. Places like these never really allowed people like me to dine in them. And the sorority girls? I didn't know if those girls would be friendly or not because sororities existed in the forties—you might've been able to guess how they were.

A man, dressed in a suit holding menus approached me. "Excuse me, are you here for the MIT dinner?"

"Yes, yes I am."

"Perfect, follow me, Miss." He lead me deeper into the restaurant till we got to a big table, near a stage with a band playing live music, that had many of the sorority sisters sitting down at it. On the way there, I got stares from the other people eating there. There were two empty chairs, one for me and another for some other unknown person.

One of the girls who had black hair cut into a bob and medium-tanned skin approached me. She spoke my hand.

"Welcome! I'm Sierra, so glad you decided to come in and have dinner with me and my fellow sisters." So this was Kai's sister, she seemed nice enough just like him. Also, her sense of style was amazing, the blue chiffon dress she wore looked stunning on her.