Chapter 𝟛𝟡 - Student Becomes A Teacher

I had sat down with Lewis at his cafe. He had graciously given me a brownie and hot chocolate on the house which—didn't go without appreciation. But now, I needed help from him once again.

"How's Adrienne, Mileena, and Evan?"

"Evan has a family outside of the Cove now ever since the Vessels could leave. Mileena is managing everything at the Cove right now and is doing great. Adrienne is somewhere in Canada trying to relax before coming back to the Cove...we visited my aunt's grave before she left, and told me the story about my aunt becoming a piano teacher."

Lewis smiled. "That's great, she and Dinah had something some of us could only wish to have. But, I know you came to ask a question, what is it?"

"There is this new Vessel...she tried to avoid me and it worked. I wasn't aware of her until now. It was like she was terrified of meeting me."

He thought carefully, but it was like Lewis had figured it out. "When you fought the council, did you use the diadem?"

"Yes, I had to."

"When the diadem is first put on by a Bloodborne, it is felt by all of us—as we are connected. But, why'd she'd be afraid I don't know. Maybe because of the council."

"...How would she know about that? Biological connection?"

"Could be but, you're not the only Vessel who has very tricks up their sleeve. Everyone's got a gimmick, some Vessels have other abilities."

I smiled and finished my drink along with the brownie. "Thanks a lot, Lewis, I'm thankful you take time out of your day to do this."

"No trouble at all Christina, hope everything goes well. Night."

"Good night Lewis." Soon after I had finished up my food, I had exited the cafe still in the same black dress and heels, at that point, it was an understatement to say I was tired. But still, I had to figure a lot of things out like, why is Robert Carmen trying to hurt Tony? How to help Grace...

You think I would be used to this but truthfully, you never do get used to it. That being said, I knew that I would need a serious break instead of working all the time.

And hopefully, I'd get it soon.

I closed my eyes as I stood outside to transport myself back to the hotel I was staying at for a little while, till I move into the sorority house that is.

Looking tired, I waltzed my way back into the main lobby of the building where I still saw Kai at the front desk. He looked bored before he saw me and then waved me over. I smiled at him and walked toward him.

"Hey, looks like you had a busy night."

"Sure did. I think I'm gonna be a pledge! Sierra invited me to this event they're having next week."

Kai rose his eyebrow. "Oh, I think I know what they're doing but...I don't think I should just spoil it."

"Oh c'mon Kai! Tell me, please." I gave him pleading eyes and he caved.

"Alright, fine since you asked nicely. I think they're having a...date party."

Now it was my turn to be confused. "A date what?"

"A date party is when everyone has to have a date." He leaned in. "What, don't have a date?"

"Uh...nope." I paused. "It's such short notice, why?"

"Well, if you're fine with it. I'd love to go with you."

I widened my eyes. "Oh—oh yeah, that would be great—"