Chapter 𝟜𝟞 - London Bridge Has Fallen

Parties were supposed to be fun but with the roll I've been on, I didn't expect that anymore.

Tonight was the night I had to closely watch Tony, at any second the people who were out to get him would strike. They would get suspicious if we were too close so, this was for the better.

The night of the frat party started just how you would expect, loud music, lots of drinking, and talking. Very overwhelming to the senses. Sierra and the other girls had tried to convince me to come with them, to try and get my mind off of what had transpired between me and Kai.

I used every excuse in the book as to why I couldn't go until they left me alone, feeling terrible for actually being at the party while they thought I was at home. It was out of my hands really, I couldn't risk anything comprising this mission.

And here I was in the corner of the frat party, hand near my weapon, earpiece hidden by my hair, watching Tony and a group of girls run their mouths.

I wore a less eye-catching jumpsuit I had so that I wouldn't be noticed at all, I couldn't risk anyone noticing me, taking Tony out of my sight for one than one second. I was responsible for giving my nightingales and shield agents the signal to rush the party and process, everyone, there.

There was that heavy feeling in my chest, knowing that Sierra, Aaliyah, Tatum, and all the other girls would have to go through that—being questioned instead of enjoying their night lingered in my mind.

But that was part of the job, I would be doing a disservice to Tony if I didn't do it right. It wasn't a complete win for everyone, it never was.

"Agent? Agent are you there?" I heard from my earpiece. It was a voice I had heard before, but I couldn't put my finger on where.

"I'm here, got London Bridge in my sight right now. May I ask who this is?"

"Agent Phil Coulson, I'll be relaying info to you through this whole operation." There it was. The name of the kid I met in that museum, I surprised myself that I had remembered him but then again, he was one of the only people who knew I was alive.

"From the museum, no shit you're an agent now?"

There was a brief pause. "I'm aware of your identity ma'am, it's an honor to work with you."

"Save the formalities, Coulson. Now, do we have a time as to where our unfriendlies will try and retrieve London Bridge?"

"We have odd movement outside of the building, you'll be looking for two women and two men, dark clothes, audio says that they are here for him."

I peered around the room, noticing two women getting extra cozy to Tony, two men were also sticking close to them. Seriously, what did they think they were doing?

"I got eyes—" I paused, a third woman came up to Tony, dismissing the rest. Once I saw her face, I started slowly heading to Tony, he was about to be in deep shit. "Amelia's here, storm the area, I repeat, storm the area!"

I picked up my pace, heading toward Tony who was currently trying to get away from Amelia. She wasn't too engrossed in what she was saying to him though, she had enough sense to reach behind her back and point a nice shiny new pistol in my direction. I moved behind a drink table in a knick of time before she shot at me, the sound making everyone at the party panic, rushing past each other, heading to the exits.

I returned fire with my weapon not having enough time to stop her muscles-for-hire from dragging a now knocked out Tony...the hell? He was just awake a second ago.

The madness didn't stop there though, now shield agents kicked open doors, broke windows, and activated smoke canisters planted within the party. The people who were still stuck were even more panicked and the sight of smoke and blurry figures in tactical gear didn't make it any better. The smoke made it harder and harder for me to spot Amelia among the confusion and so I lost her. I lost Tony, again.