Chapter 𝟜𝟘 - School Is In Session

With my ranking in SHIELD, I got the files I needed the very next day after I requested them, anything about Robert Carmen, where he was born, where he spent his childhood, his high school sweetheart, I'd know it all now.

Regarding my other problems that needed to be solved, I had to meet with Grace Jarvis for the first time later on in the day then, I'd be off to Tony's dorm to show him the files. Tony was the perfect person to help me solve the mystery of the people that are after him (they still don't have a name). I would have to report back to Stark Sr. also too but now—I had to face another challenge.

College classes.

Even though I wouldn't be "attending" MIT, I would have to put in the effort to make it believable.

So the plan was, to go through this engineering class with Tony successfully, run down to Howard's house in Boston to collect the files he held for me and talk to Grace Jarvis then finally, go back to Tony to look over said files.

And I'm not naïve, plans rarely go the way you want them to. I'm prepared for it, always.

Though I wasn't prepared when I walked into the lecture hall for the class Tony and I were taking. I don't know what it was, the outfit I wasn't wearing was flashy or anything. The goal was not to be noticed but I was noticed anyway by some of the students in the class.

Quickly I sat down on a chair that lined one of the many rows, avoiding the stares of the students. I managed to do that for a while till someone spoke to me which was just what I wanted...

"Hey uh, your new right?" I looked to my left to see a brown-haired guy smiling at me, he had a red flannel over a white shirt and looked like he had forced himself to talk to me. He sat about one seat over from me.

I returned the smile and said in my friendliest voice. "Yeah, I'm Whitney, you?"

"Logan, I go to one of the fraternities here."

"Really? I'm planning to join a sorority."

His eyes lit up. "Cool! So you're going to the event next week?"

"Yeah, I am."

He paused then spoke. "So—"

Before he could speak, a familiar face sat in-between us, Tony. He paid no attention to a disgruntled Logan as he talked to me in a hushed tone.

"You got the files yet?"

"Well there goes my attempt at being a normal nice college girl who doesn't lurk around with the likes of Tony Stark."

Tony scoffed. "Be grateful I just saved you from small talk with Logan Gayle. He has a new girlfriend every week. Stay clear of him."

"Yeah thanks, I can handle a frat boy and no, don't have the files yet and I'm going to pick them up today then we can go over it."

"Good, I'll see you then, remember where my dorm is?"

"Yes, yes. Go before Logan tries to eavesdrop."

Tony got up from his seat and gave Logan a girn before leaving, he got the finger from Logan in return. Logan then turned back to me only to be interrupted by the Professor who had just walked into the room. The professor was a shorter man in his late 50s, his darker blonde hair was already fading to white but he kept a professional attire with a tie and dress shirt. On the board, there was the name Professor Adams.

"Now," He started. "Engineering is the base, the structure of society. Engineering exists in everything and in everything we do..."

Honestly, I trailed off because one I didn't need this, and two, I had to focus on other things. Things didn't quite work out as I thought they would because Professor Adams took notice of me at the worst of times—the end of class.