*The Great Board*

.

(Kris' POV)

After passing by that empty doorframe,  we came across Lancer again. "Well, flip my flapjacks! The clowns are back in town! Well, bad news! Since you last saw me several minutes ago, I've created a brand new fighting team ready to stop you!" he said. "Not even the purple girl can stop me now!! Ho ho ho!! Are you ready to be-" he said before being cut off. "Stop. Stop talking. 'Ho ho ho?' What is that. Why are you saying that." she interrupted. " 'Ho ho ho?' It's my evil laugh! Scary, right!?" he responded. "You sound like baby Santa Claus." she chuckled. "NOT GONNA LIE SHE'S KINDA RIGHT DUDE, NO OFFENSE!" Y/n yelled from behind me. Long story short, Susie tried to bite Lancer's face off but he took it as advice on how to be scarier, and his team of reluctant Jigsawries attacked us. 

*BATTLE START*

* A board of Jigsawries block your path!

* You and Ralsei warned Jigsawry about Susie. Everyone went on guard...

* Y/n barely lifted a finger and...

Suddenly, they all became spareable.

...

* Jigsawry is thinking about quitting its job.

* You spared Jigsawry!

* Y/n spared Jigsawry!

* Ralsei spared Jigsawry!

* You WON! Got 0 EXP and 72 D$.

.

 In the next room was another puzzle. There were two pressure plates and two boxes. I'm pretty sure this puzzle could be solved by a toddler. "Oh look you guys, another puzzle!" Ralsei said. "Oh no." Susie groaned. "Let's read the instructions!" he said excitedly. "I'm pretty sure all you have to do is put the boxes on the pressure plates," I said. "Yeah, this seems way too easy for instructions, whoever made it clearly thought they were doing something revolutionary. Emphasis on 'thought'." Y/n remarked. "Oh, well maybe you're right," Ralsei responded. "You guys keep- *sigh* doing what you're- *pant* doing, I'm- *huff* gonna climb over this gate and get the hell outta here," Susie said while trying to lift herself over the spiked gate. Y/n and I both pushed one box onto each pressure plate and the gate doors swung open. "Wa-ho, you did it, you guys! Great job!" Ralsei praised. "Yeah, but it's all thanks to Kris and their quick thinking," Y/n said as they rested their elbow on my shoulder. I started blushing slightly. "I- I guess so- it wasn't really quick thinking- it just seemed really simple-" I said tongue-tied. "Yeah but if you didn't find the solution much quicker, Susie would've impaled her dumbass," Y/n responded. "Heh, you're lucky it wasn't you," Susie said. "Welp, c'mon chumps." she continued.  

The next path was split into two. One went off to the right and the other went up. "Two paths.. which one should we take?" I asked. "Oh, I know! What if I go up and check if anything important is up there and if nothing up there is important then we can go right!" Y/n suggested.  "Alright, you sure you'll be fine alone?" I asked, a bit worried. "Yeah, of course," Y/n replied. "Ralsei, you can come with me if you want!" Y/n said. "Oh, sure!" he replied. Then they both left. 

(Susie's POV)

I don't know if it's just me, but Kris seems to act really different around Y/n. They start stuttering and blushing around them when they make physical contact and shit... WAIT. WAIT JUST A GOD DAMN SECOND. DOES KRIS LIKE Y/N?? NO NO- I GOTTA ASK THEM RIGHT NOW. I cleared my throat so I could get Kris' attention. "So Kris, Y/n, huh?" I said to start conversation. "Um- uh- what do you mean Y/n-?" Kris said, clearly blushing. "I mean, what do you think of them? Ya think they're cute huh? I teased. "W-what I think of them..? Cute..? Cute would be an understatement," they said as they quickly covered their mouth. AN UNDERSTATEMENT?? NO NO- THEY'VE DEFINITELY FALLEN FOR THEM. HARD. "Looks like you're falling in love~" I teased again. "N-NO I HAVEN'T...! Ugh, who am I kidding I definitely have... Just- DON'T tell them- please-?" they begged. "Hm. What's in it for me?" I said. "I'll bring you a slice of my mom's pie every day for a month." they bargained. "Deal." I agreed.