1.

Y/N

I was asleep as I then heard someone begin to start shooting in the distance which caused me jump up awake and immediately get on the floor. After a minute When I realized it was fireworks I stood up. I sucked my teeth then looked at the time on my alarm clock reading 4:30 A.M. I just looked over at my suitcase that was packed In the corner for California.

I was going to Beverly Hills for the summer with my mother for the first time since she's moved out there with her "New" family. My father and my mother split when I was 4 and I've stayed with my father out here in the Bronx because i was always told I was a daddy's girl and I didn't want to leave my family nor my father.

My mother blew up becoming a fashion designer and her job required us to all move out to California but my father didn't want to go which caused the divide and here we are 13 almost 14 years later. It wasn't like I didn't see her at all I've seen her almost every year when she makes trips out to New York. I just tend to be closer to my Dads side more.

I sat up beginning to start getting rest for my flight. Once I was out the shower, I went back in my room beginning to get dressed. I was excited to get out the projects for the summer and see my god brother Jamal but I didn't want to leave my father alone with seeing my mothers side of the family it was always something going on when it comes to that side.

I started to bring my suitcase out to the living room as my father was grabbing his keys. "You ready?" He questioned as I nodded. We got in an Uber as I was just quiet looking out the window. "What are you thinking about?" He asked in a sigh. "Nothing" I lied. "Have you spoken to your cousins?" He questioned. "Nope and I really don't plan on doing it" I admitted as he just sighed to himself. "You're going to be seventeen in a couple of days" he brought up as I just looked at him then faintly smiled.

"Stop-please?" I asked hearing him chuckle. "It'll be fun besides it'll get you out of here" he said as I rolled my eyes. "All I have out there is Jamal and that's because he's my God brother and he's one of my best friends" I brought up. "Yeah but you also have your uncle billy, your aunt Laura then Olivia and Jordan" he said as I just shook my head.

"Jordan is okay right?" My father asked "yeah but If I deal with one, I deal with all and I ain't trying to do all of that" I admitted hearing him chuckle. "You're going to end up talking to Olivia" he brought up as I just rolled my eyes some. "Haven't spoke to her a little before she went to therapy and won't start now" I simply said. "So make friends" he suggested as I snickered to myself. "You Reilly think I'm going to more friends out on BEVERLY HILLS?" I questioned.

"Im a Bronx native black Girl and you think BEVERLY HILLS will accept me not only that I'm a dark skin black girl on top of that from the projects ain't nobody talking to me" I expressed. "Maybe I don't need to go" I brought up. "No you need to go because of your mother and your younger sister" he answered as I just sighed. "And ear about you?" I asked. "I'll be fine" he assured as I just straight faced him.

We pulled up to the air port as I got out the car "do you need help getting through the airport?" He questioned playfully then chuckled "you know good and well I don't need any help" I said as he smiled then hugged me "I know baby girl" he started "16 going on 26" he joked "bye" I said in a small laugh.
"Text me when you're on your flight and call me when you land" he instructed. "Okay I'll see you in a month and a half" I said. "Two" he corrected as I sighed before walking into the airport.

I got on my flight and after 5 almost six hours I was finally in LA. Soon as I touched down I got an incoming call from my mother. "Hello?" I answered "hey baby where you at?" She asked as I faintly smiled "I'm walking off the plane as we speak" I said walking off the plane into the airport.