58.

Spencer

It was around 1 o'clock as everyone was heading out to the mall but I decided to stay behind so everyone left. I was just outside in the backyard thinking to myself. I then heard music playing loudly from inside the house as I realized they let Y/N sleep in from last night. I just continued to sit outside about an hour later I heard the back sliding door open. I looked to the side seeing Y/N walk out dressed with her hair and makeup done.

She finally looked at me "hey" she said "hey" I simply said as she stood in front of me

She finally looked at me "hey" she said "hey" I simply said as she stood in front of me. "How'd you sleep?" I asked "i haven't slept in days because of practice so I was Heaven" she expressed as I chuckled. "What about you?" She asked as I looked her up and down.

 "What about you?" She asked as I looked her up and down

"Good. where you about to head out too?" I asked as she sat next to me. "I was going to see if you wanted to go out for lunch or something" she said as I just looked over at her "on me" she said with a convincing smile as I chuckled. "Or do you want to meet everyone at the mall?" She asked.

"And mess up our time , hell nah. let's go" I said grabbing her hand as she smiled an we started walking back into the house together. "You look good" I complimented as she smiled "you do too" she said as she took some car keys and we walked out of the house. I then took the keys from her as we got into the car.

I got in the drivers seat starting the car. We placed on our seatbelts as Y/N connected her phone to the Bluetooth. "Where you want to eat?" I asked "I don't know honestly I didn't even think you were going to say yes to going out to eat" she admitted as I just looked over at her then chuckled. "If you want to do something I'm always going to be down to do it with you" I said as she looked over at me and smiled.

"I want Mexican food" she answered "aight" I said as she found a place and placed it in her gps before turning some music on. "All the stars" by SZA and Kendrick Lamar begun to play. "We should get our food to go and watch black Panther back at the house" I suggested. "Yeah I want to watch it but I wanted to talk to you" she said as i came to a red light and laid my head back on the headrest before looking over at her.

"I already know you don't have to keep reminding me" I said as she let out a small laugh. "I'm not even talking about that. I'm talking about you going back to south Crenshaw" she brought up. "Let me guess? Olivia told you?" I asked. "Yeah" she answered. "Y/N I'm not even sure how the hell she found out and I haven't even made a final decision yet" I explained.

"Spencer relax I'm not upset" she assured "yeah but she's literally saying and doing things to start something between us." I expressed pissed. "Which is why I don't come at you sideways Spence. After yesterday I now know how to handle her she might've gotten in the way of the whole dating thing but she ain't getting in the way of the friendship" Y/N assured.

"I'm not going to let her because we were friends before anything" she said as I smiled. "Yeah who's to say in like seven years or something you won't be my wife" I said as we just shared a laugh. "Bye, who's to say you and Olivia won't be?" She asked as I simply shook my head. "You need to forgive her" she brought up. "I did" I admitted. "No like seriously sit down and actually talk to her" Y/N said as I just sighed. "Olivia just throws it back on me it's hard talking to someone like that" I admitted. "That's why you say what you got to say then leave it in the lords hands but there's definitely something unresolved between you two" she explained as we pulled up In front of the restaurant pulling into a parking space.

We got out as we walked into the restaurant getting seated in a booth. "So rules for this friendship" she started off as I chuckled. "We have rules now?" I questioned. "Yeah I don't want anything leading into anything" she started off "like sex?" I asked with a smirk. "Yes exactly like that" she said as I chuckled.

"So sex is out-" she started off "mmmm we're both single so it's free range" I simply said. "Yeah but we're supposed to be friends so no" she corrected "friends with benefits is a thing you know" I brought up as she just sighed and looked at me"you're not going to make this easy are you?" She asked as I just smiled. "No sex" she simply said as I sighed. "Celibacy is key" she added as I chuckled. "What's next on the list of things we're most likely not going to follow?" I asked as she playfully rolled her eyes.

"We can only touch each other in a friendly manner so like a side hug" she said "I can't hold your hand?" I asked playfully. "This is why we have a list of rules" she said as she looked at the list "I still can't believe you got a whole list" I said watching her. "Head is apart of sex" she added making me laugh which made her laugh. "I'm just trying to cover everything" she said "look I got one" I started off as she looked at me from her phone.

"You cannot grab my chin, you grab my chin all the rules on that list will be broken" I expressed as she laughed. "I'm serious" I said. "What you don't like a little chin grab?" She teased trying to reach over and grab my chin as I chuckled. "Keep on" I warned as she laughed. "And we cannot kiss each other" she said. "It sounds like these are rules to lose feelings for each other" I brought up as she just looked at me.

"If we can't be together I at least want to be how we were before all of this. And to just make sure Olivia doesn't harm herself because she feels a way about us" She explained as I smiled. "We still doing the cotillion dance together?" I asked as she laughed "of course" she started off "or maybe you can do it with Olivia to start rekindling" she suggested. "Yeah but you've been talking about this dance like crazy and who else is going to do it with you?" I asked.

"Yeah I know but if it makes her content then I'll either sit out or probably find another partner maybe Darnell or something" she said as we received our drinks and chips and salsa. "I'll still be at the cotillion regardless and we'll still hang out" she said dancing in her seat to the music that was playing. "Como la flor" she sung before biting into her chip as I just smiled at her.

________

We pulled up in front of the rental house as everyone was still gone. I parked the car as I looked over at Y/N and she looked over at me. "What's wrong?" She asked as I just shook my head I then leaned into kiss her neck. "I swear you don't fucking listen" she said through her laugh. "You said we couldn't kiss each other and Im assuming on the lips" I said as she just smiled and pulled her phone out then placed it to her ear.

"Hey mama" she said as she just grabbed my chin softly and I bit down on my bottom lip watching her continue to talk. "Yeah I just got up" she lied "no I'm okay enjoy yourselves I'm just going to go back to sleep" she lied once again. "Okay" she said as she said her goodbyes. She hung up then looked at me while taking the keys out of the ignition.

We both got out of the car as we went into the house and I closed the door behind us. "Come here" I said lowly as she wrapped her arms around my neck and I picked her up. "How much time we got?" I asked "they just got seated at the restaurant" she informed as we went upstairs to my room.
My lips left hers and trailed down to her neck.

"Wait" she let out as I pulled away from her neck and looked as her. "What's wrong?" I questioned as she got out of my arms beginning to fix herself. "As much as I want to do it, We should probably not" She let out as I just nodded my head. "You want to watch black Panther?" I asked as she took her hands from my chest then nodded as I smiled at her and we headed downstairs.