Facebook Chat

TUESDAY 21:43

Sam: Hey, I know you might ignore this but I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry for how I behaved towards you these past months. Those unresolved issues you mentioned to me the other day? Well, now they're resolved and I'm out. Wherever you are, I hope you are doing fine and I wish you happy holidays.

22:06

Brad: Where are you now?

Sam: At home, you?

Brad: At my mom's. I'm coming back next week.

Sam: I thought you guys weren't in contact?

Brad: It's a long story, I'll tell you when I come back. So, do you plan on going somewhere this week?

Sam: I think I'll stay at home. Our trip to Switzerland is cancelled now that I came out to my parents.

Brad: What the heck?! Why?

Sam: Why do you think?! Yesterday it was like a bomb went off in our house, I've never expected my parents to react the way they did. My dad left and came home at around 2 am. I don't know what he did in the meantime, he won't even look me straight in the eyes, it's like he's ashamed of me. And my mom shut herself in her room and hasn't come out since yesterday. She can't drag herself out of her bed,  so there's little chance she's thinking about going to the airport right now. It's like someone in the family died, that's what it feels like.

Brad: Well, they could indeed feel that way, you know, they could feel like they lost a son they thought they knew.

Sam: I'm still here, though. I'm still ME.

Brad: Yeah, but to them you're now a new version of Sam and they have to come to terms with that. Give them the time they need to process.

Sam: It had to be done, I don't regret it. I feel okay now that I'm out but very sad for them.

Brad: Don't worry about it, they just need time and you're free to be yourself. Do you wanna hang out when I come back?

Sam: Sure, when and where?

Brad: I'll text you later, now I have to go. Bye.