In the Club

April

SATURDAY 23:31, FIRST WEEK

With two fake IDs, Sam and Harrison managed to get into a club, Sam was by now already having his second drink while Harrison was on the phone talking to someone. Once the phone call ended Harrison turned to Sam.

" I have to go upstairs. Will you wait here?" he asked. Sam gave him a weird look.

" But why?" he yelled over the loud music.

Harrison sighed. " I have some business to take care of."

Sam winced at him." You don't ever learn, do you? What if you run into an undercover cop?"

Harrison shrugged. " I need the money desperately, man. Just wait for me." he said and went up the spiral staircase. Sam observed him as he met up with three suspicious men. He shook his head in disbelief and ordered another drink.

He watched the crowd have fun on the dance floor and even though he was surrounded by cheerful people, he felt lonely. He felt ashamed for feeling that way given that he had what most people desired to have in their lives. He lived  in a nice house with a wealthy family, went to a good school, had a nice boyfriend that he didn't think he deserved. He felt so empty inside. He drank up, glancing at a couple dancing. The heterosexual couple didn't hide their affection for each other in public. Sam was jealous of them. He wondered whether he'd ever be capable of displaying his love for Brad in public. He gulped down another sip.

After a while he started getting dizzy. He looked up to where Harrison was but he was still chatting with the three men.

" Here's another one." the waiter served him with another alcoholic drink. Sam frowned.

" But I didn't order anything."

" Oh, that man over there is buying." the waiter pointed to an older man sitting in the VIP area. He gave a subtle wink in Sam's direction. Sam felt like throwing up but managed a smirk. The older man apparently misunderstood that as a sign and approached him along with his younger friend who looked 40.

" Hey, kid." the older man approached. " What's your name?"

Sam tried to keep a straight face and not show disgust at the two men.  "Sam." he said eventually.

" Oh.." the older man said, ruffling his blond hair. " I like your hair." he said lustfully. Sam was starting to feel uncomfortable. He moved the man's hand away but he didn't stop. He scanned Sam from head to toe as though he were undressing him with his eyes.

" How old are you?" his younger friend purred.

" Too young for you." Sam replied curtly. He shuffled away, hoping that his body language would steer the two men away but they persisted.

" We own a really nice condo. Do you wanna take a look at it?" the older man asked, gazing at him imploringly. Sam felt so dizzy and was about to throw up. He got up and rushed to the toilet not even according the two men an answer.

Once he made it to the toilet he opened the bowl and threw up. His heartbeat which was previously fast now slowed down to its normal pace. He sat on the cold floor. He was breathing shallowly. He realized he had one drink too many and before he could register what he was doing he was already calling Samantha. After a while she picked up.

" Yes?"

" Samantha, I need your help." he said while the toilet cabin spun around him. " Can you come pick me up at the club? You know, the one near the shopping center."

" Okay. I'll be there. Wait for me outside." she replied and hung up. With some effort Sam managed to pull himself up, he stumbled through the toilet door back into the dance floor. He glanced up while walking toward the exit area. Harrison was now dealing with five men. He eventually made his way outside where he plumped down on the pavement, hugging his knees, rocking back and forth. He felt another wave coming inside his stomach and he didn't hold it back. He threw up a large quantity of nothing as Samantha's car pulled up in front of the club. She got out and rushed to his help.

" Sam, are you okay?" she helped him get up. Sam leaned on her shoulder as she helped him get into the car.

" I just couldn't go home like this. That's why I called you." Sam slurred. Samantha closed the door on his side and went over to her side. Once she was in the car, she turned to him.

" I'll take you to my place." she said but Sam already dozed off.