Coward

FRIDAY 11:42

Having finished their Maths exam the students were having recess before a new class. As usual groups of students hung out among themselves and Sam was sitting alone. Today Brad wasn't attending classes because of his football training that overlapped with the school timetable. Coach Sheridan wanted the boys to be fit for a local football match that was fast approaching.

He unpacked his bag, leaving his Biology notebook on the table and went to the toilet. After he returned he remarked the atmosphere in the classroom changed drastically. In the corner of the room he noticed some of the kids snickering quietly. Keegan covered his mouth but was having trouble containing his laughter. Sam narrowed his eyes at him, he had a hunch something had happened while he was gone.

He sat behind his desk and opened his notebook. What he saw made him clench his jaw in anger. They drew in his notebook. Each page of the book, no matter if it had already been written in or not, was full of penises along with nasty insults that Sam couldn't unsee even if he clenched his eyes shut after having closed the book.

He turned around to see Keegan laughing like a hyena. His lip curled in disgust for what Keegan had done. He got up suddenly and started towards him with a steely, decisive look on his face. He grabbed him by the neck and pinned him against the wall, which only increased Keegan's laughter.

" What are you gonna do to me, huh?" Keegan smirked slyly. The tension in the room was palpable, the two had become the center of attention to everyone watching. Sam could feel the adrenaline rush to his head. Keegan was despicable and all he wanted to do was punch him in the face. He swung his arm, his hand forming into a fist, when in motion he noticed Keegan's expression change. He put his hands in front of his face to protect himself from the oncoming punch, lowering his head and clenching his eyes shut, begging for mercy.

" Please, please don't do it! Please!" he cried out. Sam lowered his arm. A feeling of pity overcame him. This guy wasn't worth it. He was just a coward and nothing more. He let him go. The kids snickered but this time it wasn't at Sam's expense.