The House On the Hill

SATURDAY 21:16

The cool night breeze caressed his face as he biked towards Harrison's house. He could already hear the loud music as he went uphill. He stopped by the gate, leaning the bike by the fence. There were already 5 people by the intercom and from the looks of it they weren't in a cheerful mood. As he approached the batch of people, he already recognized one of them. Jason, the kid who provoked him on the first day of school, was yelling and cursing at the person on the other side.

"...But you know me, you piece of shit." Jason yelled.

"You're not on the guest list. And frankly, I don't remember inviting you." Harrison said.

"I know someone who you invited. She invited me and her brother. In fact, my friend here can confirm it." Jason said.

"Harrison, come on, let us in. Jason's not lying." Sam heard Taron say.

After a brief silence Harrison spoke again. "Who invited you?"

"Sophia Maxwell." Jason said. Sam furrowed his brows. Why on earth would Sophia invite a bully into a party? A minute of silence passed before Harrison got back to the intercom.

"Sophia just told me she invited only one of you and that's her brother Taron. So, that's the only person I'll be letting in."

"What the heck, dude?" Jason said.

"Screw this, I'm outta here. Come on, guys. I know a good place we can go to." Taron beckoned his gang away.

Sam pushed the button by the intercom.

"Hi, Sam." he heard Harrison say.

"How do you know who I am?" Sam asked.

"Look to the left."

As he glanced to his left he saw a small camera filming him. He waved at it. Then he heard the sound of the door opening. He grabbed his bike and entered into the large garden. Sam knew Harrison's parents were rich but just by looking at the vast mansion he could tell they were very wealthy. The jacuzzi on his right was packed with sophomores relaxing and making out. On his left he saw a few people jumping on the trampoline. The garden alone was packed with people dancing to the beat of the song that was playing in the house.  He followed the rocky path toward the house when he saw Sophia run toward him, almost crashing into him.

"Sam!" she exclaimed, laughing loudly. "I'm so glad you came! Come on in, we're having so much fun!"