Love

FRIDAY 16:32

Sam and Haley were sitting on the sofa watching a TV show. Technically, Sam was the only one watching, Haley was doing her  homework.

" Hey, when's your match again?" Haley asked.                              

" Next Friday. Why?"                                                                                                                             
" Ah, no I was just wondering whether I'll be able to make it." Haley said then proceeded writing.

" What's more important than my match?" Sam asked sarcastically.
" Our drama club has a rehearsal for a show that will be next month."
" Really? I didn't know you could act." Sam answered dumbfounded. Haley raised her brows at him and accorded him a fake laugh.
" Well, now you know..."                   

" I don't mind if you don't come. It's just a small match."               
" I'll be crossing my fingers though." Haley smirked at him.
" You do that."

" So, who do you play?"       
" A girl called Amelia. She's high society, her parents want to marry her off to some rich dude but she falls in love with a poor guy."

" Ah, classic!" Sam exclaimed. "It's not like we don't have enough of those around nowadays..."
" Yeah, but this one's different. I don't know, there's just something about the way it ends that makes my heart melt every time I read the script." she explained.
" And how does it end?"
" I won't tell you that! You'll have to wait and see it for yourself."
" Who plays her love interest?"
" Taron."
" Wait, what? You mean the Taron? Like Sophia's brother Taron?"
" Yeah..." Haley looked at him in a funny way.
" Do you get to kiss?"
" Well, we kinda have to..."
" I feel sorry for you."
" Why?"
" Have you seen his face? The guy makes Shrek look normal."
" Stop it!" Haley laughed. " No need to be mean about it."

" Actually, I know Taron pretty well. We went to the movies two weeks ago." Haley pointed out. Sam opened his mouth in shock.

" Yeah..." she nodded. " Remember when you said you were going to Sophia's to hang out?"
Sam nodded.
" Well, since you didn't want to go to the movies with me I had to invite someone else. Taron and I got close during rehearsals so I thought why not."
" Wow." was all Sam could say to that. Then he remembered something else.
" Hey, in the cafeteria that same day you told me to be safe when I said I was going to Sophia's.." he recalled. " Did you know we were gonna have sex?"
" I supposed so.." Haley shrugged. " What? Was I wrong?"
Sam shook his head no. Haley smiled triumphantly.
" See, my gut feeling is always right. "
Sam remained silent.
" So, how did it go?"
" Haley! That's an inappropriate question to ask."
" Okay, I'll back off then." she said and redirected her attention to the book.
" She said she loved me."
" Aww. " Haley gushed. "And what did you say back?" she asked with a hopeful expression on her face.
" I said... Thanks." Sam replied, staring at his feet.
" Thanks?!" Haley scoffed. "Seriously? And how did she react?"
" She said You're welcome."
Haley bursted out laughing. Sam threw her a warning glance. But Haley just couldn't stop laughing. Once she calmed down she patted him on the shoulder.

" You're such a gentleman, Sam. Well played! Well played."                                                                           

" Well, what was I supposed to say? I was shocked when she said that out of nowhere. I didn't know what to say." Sam kept saying but Haley started laughing again.

" Haley, do you think that was rude of me?" he asked.
" No, Sam. That just proves you're a boy."
Sam frowned his brows. " What is that supposed to mean?"
" It means you're becoming one of those awkward boys who don't know how to communicate with a girl and run away as soon as the girl starts having feelings for them." Haley said on a serious note." If you're not into her, let her know. No girl wants to be lead on, believe me."
" But I do like her."
" But you don't love her." Haley pointed out.
" Yet! I don't love her yet." Sam corrected her. " Who knows maybe with time I will learn how to love her."
Haley scoffed and mumbled something to herself.
" What did you say?"
" I said love is not something you learn. Love is just... love. You just know it when you feel it. Love is not something you acquire. Love is the one that seizes you."