III. The Fanboy

Shivaay sat in his cabin, looking through the whole biography of Abhimanyu Raichand, curated by his agents.

Birth Name : Abhimanyu
Born in Cambridge, United States on 24th December, 1987
Parents : Unknown
Childhood : Spent in an Orphanage in England
Adolescence : Was adopted by Misha Raichand in London, it is said by very close sources that Raichand Companies were going through a very tough phase and Abhimanyu had worked in a circus from age twelve to nineteen.
Adulthood : Took over the Raichand Industries after which the Company grew into the Empire that it is now.

The bio data was beyond impressive. A man single handedly took over a Company and built it from it's ashes into an Empire. Shivaay was lowkey impressed.

"Parents, Unknown.", Shivaay read thoughtfully, "And this Misha Raichand. Who is she?"

Shivaay's agent sat before him.

"Misha Raichand is the ex - owner of Abhimanyu's company. She handed it over to her adopted son. She is a widow, her husband died in some plane crash. She is terrible at business and couldn't handle the Company after her husband.", He said.

"And is she in touch with Abhimanyu?"

"She is probably, but he doesn't like her much. Not that she is likable in any form though. Also, her connection lies with your uncle, Tej Singh Oberoi. I contacted some of her batchmates and got to know she was totally in love with him but of course.."

"Yeah, yeah. I get it.", Shivaay said as his cabin's door creaked open.

"Shivaay why are you not getting this oiled? It sounds like a horror movie's door!", Anika said in annoyance as she walked in.
A smile appeared on Shivaay's face.
"Arrey, Gaurav ji, how are you? Want to have some of my personally cooked food?", Gaurav instantly stood up.

"Erm.. Ma'am I have work.. Bye sir. Have a great day.", Saying so Gaurav instantly rushed out of the room.

Shivaay looked at Anika, amused.

"So? Where is your self cooked food?", He asked.
"Oh ho! You know na, this is my ninja technique to get your staff out of your cabin.", She said sitting comfortably on the recliner.
"Ah ha, of course. Poor guys had to survive your half burnt egg curry last month. I am sure they have stopped egg for life now.", He replied grinning.

"That's it okay. Enough of making fun of my Sanjeev Kapoor type cooking skills. Huh!", She replied shoving her hair behind her.
"So, how is my Billi doing today, eh?", Shivaay asked keeping the biodata aside.
"Perfectly fine. But what is wrong with you? You look clearly bothered.", She replied.

Shivaay sighed.

"This Abhimanyu is the reason. I don't know why, but I just want to know more about him.", He replied handing her the biodata.
"Hmm. You think he can cause harm?"

"No. I know he won't, and that is the problem. Abhimanyu Raichand is known for being destructive, that is why I was nervous that day, but now.. He has been helping us so much. First Bade Papa, then Prinku. It is because of him that we are finally pulling Prinku out of that toxic marriage.", He said.

Anika placed her hand on his comfortingly.

"Then let's wait and watch."

"The younger son of Ranas, Varun Rana to marry popular actress and model Divyanka Kapoor!"

The news spread like wild fire.
And the fire had reached Abhimanyu.

"Varun Rana? You know him, right?!", Shravan said reading the news in disbelief.
Abhimanyu had an urge to throw something and someone or murder or do something really nasty, but he controlled himself.

"What a cheap cheater friend he is! He knew Divya Di had changed her name into Divyanka Kapoor and he didn't even tell you!", Shravan said angrily.

"Stop saying, otherwise I am personally going to burn down their whole mansion.", Abhimanyu strode across his hotel room, angrily.
"Let's burn it then! That Varun! Such a player! And what is wrong with Divya di! She is marrying him, that good for nothing!", Shravan said.

Abhimanyu was breathing heavily.
Why did so much have to happen all together?!

Just then his phone rang. He pulled it out and received the call.

"Are you free?", it was a feminine voice.
"Obviously, I mean I run a billion dollar company here! What else can I be?!", He snapped. There was silence on the other end of the line.
He paused and drew in a deep breath.
It was an unknown number.
"Who is it?", He asked softly, standing still.
"This is Jaanvi Singh Oberoi."

Oh crap! Now she'll think I'm a temperamental rude man! Which I am.. but she doesn't need to know!

"Oh.. I.. I am so sorry..", He mumbled embarrassed to no end.
"No, no. It's fine.. Actually I called up to say sorry. I was kind of rude to you day before yesterday. Actually-"
"Please.", He said softly, "Please don't apologize. I did go slightly overboard. I should have known my limits."

Shravan could have almost had an heart attack.

"Know my limits! Says who? The man who literally bribes policemen so that he could take his car through the under construction roads to prove he is the next thing after God!", he said to himself in disbelief.

"Thank you, beta. I was hoping if you could drop in here, Tej is back home and he totally wants to meet the man who saved him."
"Yay!", Abhimanyu burst out and then immediately added, "No.. I mean..", He paused, drawing in another deep breath, his face flustered with embarrassment now. He placed his hand over his face.

Terrible. Today is the day I die of embarassment.

Shravan placed his hand over his mouth, trying his level best to not laugh.

"I mean.. Sure. Of course. Why not? I will come.", He said clearing his throat.
"It's okay.. You did sound like a fan boy though.", Jaanvi said, clearly finding this embarrassed kid behind the so called bad boy billionaire cute.

"I am one.", He replied awkwardly glancing at the twenty eight years old magazine cover framed and placed beside his bed.
"Tej Singh Oberoi - The Business Shark"

"Actually I am more of a shipper fan, I guess.", He added, looking at the cover beside it. It was some twenty years old.
"Tej-Jaanvi - The Perfect Business Couple"

"We will wait, fan boy. Come soon.", Jaanvi said as he bade good bye and hung up.

"So, fan boy? Finally getting your chance to meet him, eh?", Shravan asked grinning.
Abhimanyu smiled, "Oh yes."

He looked at the newspaper again.

"And this Varun is going to pay for double crossing me.", He said picking up the newspaper, in loath.
"Plan?"

"Poor Ranas never have a wedding without their bride running away, do they?", Abhimanyu asked smirking.

●●

Drop in your views and votes!
They mean the world!
And stay tuned!