XXVII. The Two Kings

"Oh my God! You cooked?", Tej asked dramatically astonished.

"Bade Papa, I always said you underrate my skills.", Anika said grinning. 
"I agrees, my bahu's the bestest. You understands now, Jethji?", Pinky said proudly.
"I still can't believe it after the half burnt toast last week.", Shakti said, taking another morsel of Anika's self cooked, aatmanirbhar, sarso da saag. 

"Really good job, Anika. I am seriously impressed.", Jaanvi said giving Anika a warm smile.
"And where is your Mini SSO?", Shakti asked grinning.

"He was showing is usual tadi and not sleeping. So I thought I'd leave him under Gauri's care for a moment and serve everyone lunch.", She replied with a smile.
"He is asleep now.", Omkara said finally taking a seat at the dining table.

"And Om? When are you thinking about kids, ha?", Pinky asked.
Omkara shoved his long hair backwards and smiled, "Not now, I am still young Choti Maa. Anyways, Ansh has managed to keep the whole house busy."
"Sometimes, I really wonders how you are Jethji's son. Look at you, such a nice well mannered, thoughtful boy and then there is..", She didn't complete as she earned a classic annoyed look from Tej.

"No but I really think Abhi bhaiya should get married now. He is going to get grey hair now.", Anika said in an effort to change the topic.
"I have told that boy so many times but nope.", Jaanvi said sipping water.

"Jethani ji.. if he went and made that ex - half jethani his full wife what will you do?", Pinky asked grinning.
Jaanvi sighed with a smile.
"What can I do anyways? Tej and him, both have this turu lobe for Svetlana. I can't even help now.", Jaanvi said eyeing her husband exasperated.
"We call it the Svetlana effect, Jaan.", He replied with a wink.

"Oh yes, of course-"

Abhimanyu rushed into the hallroom suddenly.
"Abhi bhaiya, are you okay?", Gauri asked, she had just walked out of Shivaay and Anika's room, after putting Ansh off to sleep.

Abhimanyu drew in a deep breath, trying very hard to calm his overly excited senses.
"I need to tell you guys something!", He said.
"Go on. Come here and tell us.", Tej said as he instantly jogged down to the dining table.

Shivaay walked in behind Abhimanyu.
He half smiled, he of course knew the reason behind big kiddo being so happy, but he also knew danger lurked.

The email was bothering him more than anything, but he forced a smile and walked down to the dining table.

"Guess what?", Abhi said over excited.
" What?"
"I am gonna be dad!", He said.

And there was pin drop silence.

Shivaay tried very hard to suppress his amused smile, as he watched his family members look back at him as if he had asked for their kidney.

" How?", Pinky asked gaping.
"When?", Anika asked standing up.
"More importantly, who?", Jaanvi asked walking down to him.

"Pause.", Abhimanyu said raising both his hands, grinning away "I will explain."

"As of how, I am pretty sure you know.", Abhimanyu said winking at Shakti who's face flustered. Shivaay suddenly found the blank wall opposite to him very attractive.
"Am I right, Kiddo?", Abhi asked grinning.

"Now.. when, I will say it was two or three months ago.. and, the most importantly, who.", Abhi paused, everyone looked at him in deep curiosity and nervousness.

He shut his eyes and drew in a deep breath, "Svetlana."

He heard the gasps loud and clear and slowly opened my eyes.
"Haww! Half jethani? Oh my mata Abhi!", Pinky said absolutely dejected.
Abhi looked at Jaanvi, who looked back at him with a raised brow.
"Sorry na Maa. I was-"
"Drunk?"
"Yeah, I-I mean how do you know?", Abhi asked startled.

Jaanvi looked at Tej who focussed on his plate like it was calculus.
She sighed.

"Both of you need to be kept in the museum. I am so done. Do whatever you want to.", She said exasperated and strode off.
"I agrees with Jethani ji.", Pinky said annoyed as she stood up and walked down behind Jaanvi.

Abhi sighed.
He suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder.
"Congrats, Big kiddo.", Shivaay said with a warm smile.
Abhi grinned back at him.
"You know this feels so weird and all.. I mean-"
"I know.", Shivaay said smiling back at him.

Abhimanyu suddenly hugged Shivaay tightly.

"Just tell me everything's gonna be perfectly fine.", He said.
Shivaay realised what he must be going through. A man who never got anything close to a family for all these years, ditched by the girl he had loved, was finally going to have his own family.
He smiled, patting Abhi's back.
"Everything's gonna be perfectly fine.", He said as Abhi finally relaxed.

"Thanks, mate.", Abhi said pulling Shivaay's cheek.
"Aww.", Anika said smiling away.
Abhi and Shivaay looked at each other, turned towards Anika, and said in unison,
"Aww."

Shivaay finally walked into his bedroom.

His baby boy was sleeping peacefully in the cot. 
"Damn, he looks so handsome. Like father, like son.", He said in a whisper, hoping to not wake Ansh up.
Just then he felt two arms wrap around his torso from behind.
He relaxed drawing in a deep content breath.

"Ani.", He said softly as he turned towards her.
"Hmm.", She said softly, placing her hand on his cheek. He held her hand and kissed it softly.
"How have you been? You don't look too well.", Anika said.

He smiled, drawing in a deep breath.
After all, wife is wife.

"I got an email, saying something about choice and all.. I forwarded it to the Cyber Cell, but I still have a bad gut feeling.", He said.
"Don't worry.", She said hoping to comfort him.
He nodded, "Just be by my side, okay?"
"Always.", She replied planting a kiss on his forehead.

Just then they heard Ansh's cry.
"Oh, there you go. He senses your presence.", Anika said smiling. Shivaay nodded looking at her, adoring, he removed a strand of hair from over her face.
"Billu ji, if you are done with adoring me please give some attention to your chotu billu.", She said smiling.

"You both always have all my attention.", He said finally.

"What are you even saying?!", The man struggled inside the cell.
"What I am going to say, friend.", The other replied with a smirk.

"YOU WILL LEAVE MY DAUGHTER ALONE!"
"I WISH SHE HAD LEFT MINE ALONE!", The other shouted back at him.

The King, now struggling behind the cell punched the iron bar hard.
He looked at his personal bodyguard who had betrayed him.

"This is torturing your own man, Harsh! It will help no one!", He shouted from behind the bars.
Harsh smiled drawing in a deep breath.
"Ironically, both of us are dead for the world and here we are busy fighting. Nevermind, now I am the King-"

"Don't you dare change the topic!", He shouted back from inside the prison like room.
"Kapoor, calm down."
"After knowing your vicious plan?! Sorry but I can't! Don't you dare touch my daughter-"

"I won't.", Harsh replied casually, "Shivaay will. My perfect son in law you see."

●●●

Precap :

"Choose Shivaay.. unless you want to lose your son.."
"What?! Why?!", Shivaay said struggling, his hands tied to a cold pole behind him.
"Either watch Ansh die.. or..", The masked man fished out a glass vial, "Pour this in Svetlana's food."
"What is it?"
"Something that will surely kill her unborn baby.."
"But.. if.. Abhi..", Shivaay said to himself, his heart pacing wildly.

If Abhi ever got to know.. he would never forgive Shivaay.. The wound will never heal.. His family will tear apart forever.. And if he didn't do it, he would lose Ansh..

●●●

Diwali gifts, you see!
Lots of love and more love to yaaa! 

Drop in your views and votes!
And have a great day ahead!